[rohrpost] G8 - Cops beat up handicaped demonstrator - V|07 Videoart Fair Venice - P R E S S R E L E A S E

UBERMORGEN.COM play at ubermorgen.com
Mit Jun 6 22:41:42 CEST 2007

P R E S S R E L E A S E

G8 - Cops beat up handicaped demonstrator - V|07 Videoart Fair Venice

June 6, 2007, Rostock, Heiligendamm, Vienna, Berlin

The beating took place in Rostock during the night of the major
riots, June 2, 2007, Saturday. The involved police officers beat up a
demonstrator in a wheelchair. Lizvlx from UBERMORGEN.COM states that
"This is the worst double-header scenario i have ever seen, police
violence and artistic performance melted together in a unique way,
ugly!".

"This new action video rocks" says Hans Bernhard from UBERMORGEN.COM,
"it demonstrates the exchangeability of violence - our speciality is
to deliver an extra portion of violence to already very brutal
environments. We overaffirm the Madman theory".

The video can be found under: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WVBChIEI2Q
The 2007 action is documented under: http://www.foriginal.com/no2

Last year's coverage of Mayday 2006 by UBERMORGEN.COM included a
police officer getting beat up by a some demonstrators in Berlin-
Kreuzberg. 8 months after the release of the video, LKA Berlin (Major
Crime Unit) investigated into the case and summoned Alister Mazzotti
(Mazzotti Action Stunt Team).

The 2006 action is documented under: http://www.foriginal.com/no1

Both actions are pure Media Hacking: no ethics, no content, no
message. With the  „Foriginal Media Hack No. 1 and No. 2“ we follow a
simple instruction on how to infiltrate mass media with low-tech
instruments (email, mobile-phones, web/blog) and ambiguous data. This
action is an experiment within this conceptual setting. It is a
amalgamation of fact and fiction. The persiflage of the absurd.
Minutenprotokoll der Krawalle. The gesture is very important.
Consensual hallucination...

"Foriginal Media Hack No. 1" (00:43 Min, 2,1 MB, Edition of 5 + 1
a.p) is displayed at this years V|07 Venice Videoart Fair VENEZIA -
Isola di San Servolo, Courtesy Fabio Paris Art Gallery - "Foriginal
Media Hack No. 2" is also available through fabioparisartgallery.
http://www.fabioparisartgallery.com

*** if you would like to meet UBERMORGEN.COM at the Biennale di
Venezia or Fabio Paris (fabioparisartgallery), pls contact us via
mobile phone or sms and we can set up a meeting - or meet Fabio Paris
at the V|07 Videoart Fair (June 8-9)***

Contacts:

UBERMORGEN.COM
(Hans Bernhard or Lizvlx) - a family in transition
+43 650 930 00 61 or +43 650 930 00 60
Email officeR at ubermorgen.com
http://www.ubermorgen.com
http://www.amazon-noir.com