[rohrpost] Trampoline presents: DO BILLBOARDS DREAM OF ELECTRIC SCREENS?

Anette Schäfer anette at trampoline-berlin.de
Die Sep 18 09:48:29 CEST 2007

22.09.2007- 05.10.2007
Derby/ Leicester/ Nottingham

Do Billboards Dream Of Electric Screens?
Trampoline Lights up the Urban Screens as Three Cities Unite

As dusk falls over the East Midlands this weekend, the cities’ largest
digital screens will play host to a moving canvas of films from regional and
international artists.

Trampoline, the region’s innovative new media arts organisation, brings this
first programme of artists’ shorts to the public screens of the East
Midland’s three cities, Nottingham, Derby and Leicester, as part of
Trampoline’s 10th anniversary celebration, to taking place on November 29th
at Broadway Cinema.

These three programmes, “The Citizen,” “These Four Walls” and “The Thousand
Yard Stare” operate to either draw the viewer into micro narratives or
delicately play with their audience’s experience of advertising.

Trampoline has chosen short films, submitted from all over the world, that
explore our relationship with the moving image in the public realm. Subtle
interventions become interactions with the influx of dynamic digital signage
and advertising to our high streets and public spaces. Do Billboards Dream
of Electric Screens? endeavours to uncover the possibilities of this new
digital infrastructure and how we perceive our developing surroundings. This
is an opportunity to watch how cultural content can strengthen local
identity and enrich city life.

Whether it’s a brief escape to hinterland or simply man’s best friend
chomping on air, Do Billboard’s Dream of Electric Screens? will interact and
enlighten as it lights up the three urban screens.

Derby – Big Screen Derby
22nd Sep – 5th Oct
Throughout the day and evening

Leicester – Phoenix Arts Centre
22nd Sep – 30th Sep
dusk – 11pm

Nottingham – Royal Centre
24th Sep – 30th Sep
dusk - 2.30am

Manchester – All Saints Gardens
11th – 14th Oct
Urban Screens Conference

Participating Artists:

Adi Shniderman, Merav Ezer
Collectif Fact
Corine Stübi
CutUp
Frank Abbott
Frauke Havemann, Eric Schefter, Neal Wach (On Air) George Drivas Gob Squad
Harry Sachs James Johnson-Perkins, Dr. Conor Lawless Jonathan Velardi Kim
Collmer Lizzie Hughes Martha Gorzycki Miles Chalcraft Oliver Husain Pat
Lockley Petra Weidemann, Robert Bischof Sean Capone (Supernature) Susanne
Schuricht Suzanne Moxhay Xtine Hanson 8gg

For more information or images please contact info at trampoline.org.uk Go to
www.trampoline.org.uk <http://www.trampoline.org.uk/>  for full listings an
updates

A Trampoline Project in Partnership with Royal Centre Nottingham, Derby Big
Screen, Phoenix Leicester. Thanks to Derby Quad and Broadway Media Centre.

Do Billboards Dream of Electric Screens? is funded by Three Cities Create
and Connect European Regional Development Fund (Project Part-Financed by the
European Union) Arts Council England