[rohrpost] TODAY! Aug08: deadline for Make Art in Poitiers.fr Nov24-30

Sven Guckes maillist-rohrpost-ventil at guckes.net
Fre Aug 8 18:01:27 CEST 2008

folks... please register your art asap!
good luck!  bonne chance!  viel glueck!

greetings  from
berlin-balconia
Sven

--
Sven Guckes sig-floss(at)guckes.net  http://www.guckes.net/cal/2008/
A Calendar about Free/Libre Software + Open Source Events (in Europe)
contents:  first+last date, deadline, title, place+country, homepage.

http://makeart.goto10.org/call/index.en.html

                                               _
   _        _     ____     _       _   _______|_|
  | |_    _| |  _|____|_  | |    _|_| |  _____|
  | | |__| | | |  ____  | |  ___|_    |  _____|
  | |      | | | |_   | | | |   |_|_  | |_______
  |_|_     |_| |___|  |_| |_|     |_| |_________|
    |_|_          ____     _______     _________
      |_|       _|____|_  |  _____|_  |___   ___|_    _
               | |____| | | |_____|_|     | |   |_|  |_|
 from 24th     |  __    | |  _   _|       | |
 to 30th of    | |  |_  | | | |_|___     _|_|
 NOVEMBER 08   |_|    |_| |_|   |___|   |_|

MAKE ART 2008
OpenOS

CALL FOR PROJECTS

make art is an international festival dedicated to the
integration of Free/Libre/Open Source Software (FLOSS) in digital art.

The third edition of make art – OpenOS - will take place in
Poitiers (FR), from the 24th to the 30th of November 2008.

make art offers performances, presentations, workshops and an exhibition,
focused on the encounter between digital art and free software.

We're currently seeking new, innovative FLOSS based works and projects: music
and audiovisual performances, presentations, software demos, and installations.

This year make art focuses on the OpenOS: artistic, free, creative use
of the Operating System, hackability and modularity of FLOSS and GNU/Linux,
scripts as digital glue between applications, enhanced possibilities for
the technical expression of ideas, user empowerment and artistic freedom.

Please read the submission guidelines below,
download the submission form,
http://makeart.goto10.org/call/makeart-submissionform.odt
fill it in and return it to:
makeart2008 =at= goto10 =dot= org
before the 8th of August 2008.

http://makeart.goto10.org
http://goto10.org

Timeline
20th of June            – Call for proposals
8th of August           – Deadline call for proposals
Beginning of September  – Selected projects announced
24th - 30th of November – Make Art 2008

Submission guidelines
1. Download the submission form here.
The submission form is in OpenOffice .odt format.
Please leave the document in this format when returning.

2. Only projects that are made using 100% FLOSS,
running on a free Operating System, will be accepted.
So NO Windows, OSX, MaxMSP, Reaktor or Ableton Live!

3. When submitting an installation, a performance or a
presentation, please send us the following documentation:
- performance:
  2 high quality photos and
  1 high quality audio or video file
- installation:
  2 high quality photos and
  1 high quality video file
- presentation or demo:
  2 high quality photos (in case of software demo screenshots)

If the files are >3 MB please send us a link instead of an attachment.
We prefer to receive documentation in open formats.

4. When submitting an installation or performance, please include a
technical rider describing the technical setup, the hardware you'll
be bringing yourself and the hardware you need the festival to
provide. Be precise and specific!

5. Incomplete submission forms will not be processed.

Types of projects
We are looking for installations, performances, and
presentations that fit the focus of the festival. The festival
theme OpenOS is not meant to be restrictive, and can be linked
to both the content as the technical realisation of a work.

For examples of previous editions, please visit the archives of:
make art 2007 http://makeart.goto10.org/2007/?page=welcome&lang=en and
make art 2006 http://makeart.goto10.org/2006/?page=gallery&lang=en

Funding
make art is a small festival, we can provide selected projects
with housing, travel and a modest fee. We cannot provide artists
with funding for the development of projects. Larger projects
should look into finding additional funding to attend the festival.

version française
http://makeart.goto10.org/call/index.fr.html

make art is powered by GOTO10