[rohrpost] BOYCOTT LAST.FM !

nicolaswww at 0000-anti.info nicolaswww at 0000-anti.info
Fre Okt 10 11:05:44 CEST 2008

I have to strongly disagree here.
There is one huge important difference between Wikipedia and Last.fm:
Wikipedia is meant to be a dynamic source of so called objective information,
whatever that means. Anyway; opinion, taste, world view, private exchange and community networking are – at least intentionally – excluded from that concept.
Last.fm, on the other hand, is a fan base and a community interface. Things are not displayed here for educational or journalistic purposes, but for enjoyment and participation.

Propaganda starts in the moment you display an explicit ideology and open up a channel for like-minded to positively comment and applaud.
that's exactly what happens on Last.fm profiles.
Of course you do not stream the songs of those bands. They're indexed!
Incredible enough, you make 30 second previews available and display band photos with swastikas. It really doesn't make such a difference if you stream an entire nazi rock album or just have a profile with the band's name. in either case, fans and like-minded have a forum to meet, exchange and enforce their networks.

You are not the journalists documenting nazi activities. You are the billboard on which they write their messages. I am sorry to say, but by not realizing this and not wanting to realize it, you are part of the problem and surely not part of the solution.

Nicolas Wiese