[rohrpost] open call

Sparwasser HQ mail at sparwasserhq.de
Mit Nov 11 00:11:47 CET 2009

  //// OPEN CALL
- public sphere and rhetoric / offentlighed og retorik

send by Sparwasser HQ, Schwedterstrasse 36a // 10435 Berlin / GERMAN
/// Berlin, november 2009.

OPEN CALL and residency programme "netres" @ Sparwasser HQ

Our aim is to research internationally and to invite two Nordic/Baltic
artists to Berlin.

Visual artists and other arts related producers who use the public
sphere, better described with Scandinavian offentligheden or German
die Öffentlichkeit can apply. We are also interested to know how you
would consider the use of rhetoric practically and critically.

We are not expecting descriptions of sculptures for an open square but
rather works reflecting situations and performance of life itself. The
works do not necessarily grow out of a local context but rather a set
context.

We are looking for artworks which deal with strategies for the public
realm/offentligheden, and artworks, that create a public attention/
skaber en offentlighed. Or how the process of campaigning is directed
into something else?

For this reason you are invited to send in applications, for us to
see, for 'the blog', for 'text writing', for 'the conference'.

We need to launch two calls in one: One for texts only, which might
suggest future collaboration, and one for traveling. Only Nordic
applicants can be invited to Berlin within the residency program of
netres.

see  http://www.sparwasserhq.de

Deadline is the 15. December 2009.
netres is a residency programme shared by Sparwasser HQ, Signal, UKS
and rum46, supported by Nordic Culture Point.

www.netres.org