[rohrpost] TINY NOISE CAMP :: WEEKEND in Cologne and Moers [Oct. 15 -18th]

Kyd C. frontierlab at gmail.com
Sam Okt 10 20:17:18 CEST 2009

 http://tinynoise.tk     [[Thank you for helping us circulate this
information.]]

TINY NOISE WEEKEND in Cologne and Moers

ON New Music in Cologne, ZAM + nimm! in Moers as well as the
international sound art platform TINY NOISE present a mini-festival
called TINY NOISE CAMP. This is a collaboration between independent
curators Kyd Campbell[tiny noise], Thomas Glaesser[ZAM, Koln], Therese
Schuleit[Koln], annie Buenker[Koln] and Boris Graue[Bollwerk107,
Moers]

Thursday 15 October, 20:00 TINY NOISE [performances] @ KunstWerk,
Deutz-Mülheim Straße 127 - 129, Cologne
Saturday 17 October, from 14:00 and until 12:00, Sunday 18 October
TINY NOISE CAMP [open workshops + performances] @ Bollwerk 107, Moers

entrance: 5e gets you a pass for one or both events.

TINY NOISE and our friends are happy to present a whole weekend full
of workshops and concerts, geared at sharing and enjoying excellent
art practices in the field of  experimental audio art and noise music!

We do this because noise makes us feel so much better!

Since 2005 TINY NOISE has been bringing together audio artists from
all over the world in specific local contexts where there is a desire
to strengthen the local sound and noise art scenes. For over a year we
have been researching and preparing with our friends in Cologne and
Moers to design a special event that the local community can enjoy and
grow from.

So please join us and bring your friends during this weekend of event.
Think of it as a kind of festive 'noise science fair' and camp-out. In
Cologne, visitors can relax and enjoy the show and in Moers visitors
will become participants, having the opportunity to join the artists
in creating new instruments, watch and take part in performances, hang
out all night in the work space and join us the next morning for a
brunch discussion.

  DETAILS   [ full program and artists info : http://tinynoise.tk ]
 - - - - - -

Thursday, Oct. 15th, 20h [ @ KunstWerk, Deutz-Mülheim Straße 127 -
129, Cologne ]

 tiny noise weekend begins with a concert evening in Cologne,
including a wide range of current practices in noise and sound art.
During this evening, you can expect, among other noisy things,
breaking glass and maybe some blood (Justice Yeldham), spinning tone
wheels (Derek Holzer), new sound from reconstructed records (EOSIN),
sharp blacks and whites (RYBn) and pretty much everything you ever
wanted to hack at school but weren't allowed to (RaumZeitPiraten).

- Lucas Abela, a.k.a. Justice Yeldham (australia)
- Diana Combo a.k.a. EOSIN (portugal)
- Derek Holzer/TONEWHEELS(usa/germany)
- FrlLinientreu (germany)
- RYBn (france)
- RaumZeitPiraten (germany)
- Tina Tonagel (germany)
(+ secret HappyBirthDeath djs....why?... shhhh!)

Saturday, Oct. 17th 14:00 [ @ Bollwerk 107, Moers (right beside the
Moers train station) ]
22 hour NOISE CAMP (Saturday 14:00 -> Sunday noon)
The Netzwerk Improvisierte Musik Moers, the artists and all of the
collaborating organizers invite musicians, music lovers, nerds, noise
makers and everyone curious to this TINY NOISE CAMP gathering.

During this Noise Camp, each artist will have a workshop setup and
visitors are welcome to join in and learn new techniques. In the large
open space of the Bollwerk, a giant collective laboratory will take
place, lasting all night long, with intermittent performances,
complete with comfortable places to relax and a brunch discussion the
next morning. Visitors can try out experimental hardware and software
tactics, meet the artists, help to build noise machines and
installations and should also find some space to share their own
knowledge with other interested people. Circuit Bending, Pure-Data,
free Software Based systems, homemade instruments, analog and concrete
music techniques and exciting visual tactics will clash with
Post-Industrial Electronics brought forward by artists from the
Australia, Portugal, France, USA, and the German Rhine / Ruhr area.

- Lucas Abela, a.k.a. Justice Yeldham (australia)
- Diana Combo a.k.a. EOSIN (portugal)
- Derek Holzer/TONEWHEELS(usa/germany)
- FrlLinientreu (germany)
- RYBn (france)
- Saal5 (germany)
- RaumZeitPiraten (germany)
- Tina Tonagel (germany)
- Robert Kondorosi (germany)

As it is our ultimate goal to gather people together, because we truly
feel that noise makes us feel better, TINY NOISE is also very happy
and proud because this is the first collaboration between so many
different experimental sound related groups in the Rhine / Ruhr
region, including ZAM Zentrum für Aktuelle Musik (Köln),
Elektronentoto(Köln), Bollwerk107(Moers), Kooperation der Netzwerke ON
Neue Musik(Köln) and nimm! Netzwerk Improvisierte Musik Moers. Thanks
to all the kind supporters from this region, we are now able to bring
together some artists we work with often and some new artists from the
region that we have just met. We're looking forward to meeting you
there also!

TINY NOISE has some new ways for you to keep up with us:
Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=130513934137
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/tinynoise
Our regular website: http://www.tinynoise.tk
Email: tinynoise at gmail.com