[rohrpost] º*¨¨*º Directors Lounge - Times of Change - Yaron Lapid - Thurs. 29.4. º*¨¨*º

richfilm productions office at richfilm.de
Die Apr 27 12:53:05 CEST 2010

Thursday, 29 April 2010
21:00

Yaron Lapid
"Times of Change"
Video work of London based artist Yaron Lapid
curated by Klaus W. Eisenlohr

Directors Lounge
"Petersburg Nights" is a series of private screenings in our home base:

Directors Lounge, Berlin Base
Petersburger Platz 2, 10249 Berlin, HH 2. Etage
Public Transport BVG: Tram M10 Straßmannstraße

Google map
http://tinyurl.com/y4e3eed

Yaron Lapid, whose video "Night Meter" was shown at Directors Lounge/
Urban Research 2010, presents a programme of his recent video works
at our third "Petersburger Night".

"Research" may be just the right term to characterize the endeavours
of the London based artist of Israeli descent. London and Israel also
are the fields for his "findings" and video investigations. The
interest of the anthropologist, the sensibility of the family
annalist and the hard-boiled and distanced eye of the war
documentarist, all those labels seem somehow to match but still not
really fit for Yaron Lapid. If provoking a London call-centre lady to
reveal that she calls from New-Dehli, if watching a victim of drug
overdose, or witnessing the relocation of an elder relative from an
old retirement home to a new one, we always follow him, the
filmmaker, with awe and a deep sense of attestation, as Yaron seems
to be able to turn his humane observations into a telling snapshot of
the society we share, the social particularities of England and
Israel notwithstanding.

The mixture of shock and empathy the artist conveys, seems to stand
in the - in our times almost impossible - tradition of artists like
Weegee and Helen Levitt. With Yaron Lapid, we do not have the feeling
of following a reporter on hunt for shock, but to witness chance
encounters, the artist happens to be in, and which he follows with a
deep curiosity for the human nature. The same interest lets him
follow traces of storylines in a village founded in the 50's in
Israel, or to record radical text lines of flyers found in South-East
London.

We are most happy to host this evening with Yaron Lapid in person at
Petersburger Platz 2, Berlin-Friedrichshain, on Thursday, 29 April
2010, at 21:00. You are very welcome to join us!

Artist Link: http://finderandkeeper.co.uk/
Program Details: http://richfilm.de/filmUpload/1-framesYLapid.html
Directors Lounge: http://www.directorslounge.net
--
richfilm productions, Klaus W. Eisenlohr, Osnabrücker Str. 25, D-10589 Berlin

eMail Adresse: 		office at richfilm.de
Homepage !!!		http://www.kw-eisenlohr.de
Film Produktion:		http://www.richfilm.de

Telefon:			int.- 49 - (0)30 - 3409 5343 (BERLIN)