[rohrpost] I-A-M *04 / pursuit:failure

contact at stefanriebel.de contact at stefanriebel.de
Sam Okt 30 14:39:09 CEST 2010

das INSTITUT FÜR ALLES MÖGLICHE informiert:

 - - -

*pursuit:failure {symposium}

 - - -

*pursuit:failure

5. - 7. november 2010 @ i-a-m, schererstr.11, 13347 berlin

FAILURE is essential to all greatness, not merely in providing its contrast but as an essential part of the processes of growing, experimenting, learning and living. We cherish the ever failing C. Chaplin or Homer S. for their Sisyphusian predicaments, we quote Beckett, film in obsolete media and yet at the same time few artists dare to embrace the option of artistic practice as failure itself.
The FAILURE symposium is a weekend of talks, presentations, experiments and cups of tea with artists, writers, performers and other folk from Berlin and abroad about their encounters with failure, both in their own practice as well as within the wider realm of the artistic profession and its modes of presenting itself. The symposium is intended as an informal platform for exchange and debate.

We therefore would like to welcome artists, writers, walkers, talkers, makers and other curious people to listen and speak. An Open Slot is reserved for those who decide to present at short notice. Those with ideas are invited to contact us via info at severalpursuits.org

The Symposium is the third stage of SEVERAL PURSUITS debut pursuit ‘FAILURE’ for which we gathered positions and reflections to explore meaning and possible potential of failure in contemporary visual arts. In times of omnipresent crisis such as a failing economy and a collapsing art market (and potentially fading self-esteem of those involved making art) we wrote a CALL FOR REJECTS when launching the project in 2009. Many artists have thereafter submitted images and accounts of works of art that they have themselves rejected yet hung onto. A full archive of these REJECTS can be found on our website http://www.severalpursuits.org or in the publication for the symposium. Following this another CALL was spread online in 2010 - inviting more thinkers to submit texts and other written documents that deal with the concept of failure and its reflection in creative practice. The FAILURE symposium has emerged out of these submissions and the further pursuit of topics raised in them.

The FAILURE symposium is kindly hosted at Institut für Alles Mögliche & secondhome projects in Berlin-Wedding and supported by Quartiersmanagement Pankstrasse (which in turn is being supported by the European Union, the Federal Republic of Germany and the Federal State of Berlin as part of the program »Zukunftsinitiative Stadtteil« section »Soziale Stadt»).

Further information http://www.severalpursuits.org

 - - -

please spread our news ... we would like it!
all the best! your I-A-M!

www.i-a-m.tk