[rohrpost] Arse Elektronika @ Ars Electronica / TELE Internet Special

das ende der nahrungskette jg at monochrom.at
Fre Sep 3 09:22:22 CEST 2010

Johannes will give talk about monochrom's conference series
<http://www.monochrom.at/arse-elektronika>"Arse Elektronika" at "Ars
Electronica" (TELE INTERNET Bau 1, 3rd floor) in Linz. September 3,
2010, 7 PM.

Arse Elektronika: Sex, Tech, and the Future of Screw-It-Yourself
We may not forget that mankind is a sexual and tool-using species.
 From the depiction of a vulva in a cave painting to the newest
Internet porno, technology and sexuality have always been closely
linked. New technologies are quick to appeal to pornography
consumers, and thus these customers represent a profitable market
segment for the suppliers of new products and services.
Currently, all factors show that high-tech developments owe a great
deal of their success to the need for further sexual stimulation. One
could cite the example provided by the science fiction concept of a
full-body interface designed to produce sexual stimulation. But it
isn't science fiction anymore. It's DIY.
As bio-hacking, sexually enhanced bodies, genetic utopias, and
plethora of gender have long been the focus of literature, science
fiction and, increasingly, pornography, this year will see us explore
the possibilities that fictional and authentic bodies have to offer.
Our world is already way more bizarre than our ancestors could have
ever imagined. But it may not be bizarre enough. "Bizarre enough for
what?" you might ask. Bizarre enough to subvert the heterosexist
matrix that is underlying our world and that we should hack and
overcome for some quite pressing reasons within the next century.
Don't you think, replicants?

<http://datenform.de/teleinternet/>Link / TELE Internet