[rohrpost] ** Purified Electroworld with Martin Howse [workshop] 27/28 April 12-18

martin m at 1010.co.uk
Mit Apr 4 16:05:21 CEST 2012

... We can live forever, in a clean, honest, purified, Electroworld.
[Gravity's Rainbow. Thomas Pynchon]

Purified Electroworld offers a two day introduction to the very basics
of electronic theory and practice, through practical tuition and
hands-on experimentation.

Participants will learn about the material basis and simple physics of
basic electronic components, and how these materials and parts
function within larger assemblages embedded in the physical world
(electromagnetics, noise, sound, the body).

We’ll also find out how to read electronic schematics, and translate
these into working circuits using a variety of well-documented
techniques, how to inventively hack everyday consumer devices for
creative mis-use and re-use, and how to troubleshoot and fix our own
built circuits.

Purified Electroworld focuses on basic principles and simple
construction methods which can be adapted to suit the participant’s
temperament, and which can form the foundation for future discovery
and active construction. Purified Electroworld is designed to provide
a good basis for any future workshop which involves an electronics
component.

No prior knowledge whatsoever is assumed. On the second day
participants will construct and adapt a simple scratching transmitter
instrument, or can choose to start working on their own projects.

About Instructor: Martin Howse
http://www.1010.co.uk/org/

Fee: 35 (participation) + 10 (materials)

Registration is required by sending an email to info at nkprojekt.de with
the subject line Purified Electroworld.

Location: NK Projekt Elsenstr. 52 2HH 2Etage 12059 Berlin
+49(0)17620626386