[rohrpost] Mini Residency in Kassel

Mindaugas Gapsevicius miga at o-o.lt
Fre Mai 25 14:36:22 CEST 2012

Offer: 1 week Mini Residency
Fee: 250 EUR
Dates: During the dOCUMENTA 13 in Kassel, 11.06.2012 - 16.09.2012
Deadline: 31st of May, 2012

The >top e.v. association organises within the framework of its project
space "POT" one week long Mini Residencies in Kassel during the
dOCUMENTA 13. We are looking for Cultural Producers with an
interdisciplinary approach and affinity to Media from different
countries who want to realise artistically and / or theoretically a
thematic or media work for *one week*. Our proposal for a Topic is:

Net Backup

Currently homogenization of what we call the Public seems to go on. But
is this a course working in itself? Are alternative nets without
closings possible? Or were they about to preserve the status quo?
Because (quote:) "every Modular Building contains a net backup as
standby, a room for Electrical Engeneering, Data Flow, rooms for
Telecommunication and Intruder and Fire Detection as well as Computers
for Signalling Technologies."

Please send a PDF (max 2 MB) with a description of your project, your
contact information and if possible a download link (URL) of a work
sample (MP3, Video, Graphics, Text, maximum 100 MB) and the preferred
week of your stay (Monday to Friday) until May 31st to:

Mini Residency Kassel residency(at)top-ev.de

We provide accommodation and space for exhibition, presentations,
lectures, performances etc. Additionally we may offer a local
1-Hour-Radioslot on a Kassel frequency incl. stream. A flyer is
included. The work will be documented. We offer to show parts of the
project later in Berlin at the okk Gallery.

The fee goes directly to the top e.V. and covers project costs. The
financing of travel and living (except lodging) and all materials must
be covered by the applicant. We issue an official invitation letter
after the decision and help with grant seeking and immigration formalities.

The nonprofit association top e.V. operates since 2002 in the field of
aesthetic production, see also http://pot.top-ev.de.

For further questions please contact: Matze Schmidt or Mindaugas
Gapsevicius, residency(at)top-ev.de

http://pot.top-ev.de