[rohrpost] transmediale / Call for Entry / Vilem Flusser Residency Programme for Artistic Research 2015

Markus Huber mh at transmediale.de
Don Nov 13 07:17:13 CET 2014

Dear Rohrpostler,

we would like to inform you about our current Call for Entries for the
Vilem Flusser Residency Programme for Artistic Research 2015.

Vilem Flusser Residency Programme for Artistic Research
Call for Entries
Submission Deadline: 30 November 2014
Online submission: http://call.transmediale.de/

With the Vilem Flusser Residency Programme for Artistic Research we are
calling upon artistic research projects that actively explore the
capabilities and limitations of transdisciplinary and transmedial
situations in contemporary culture. We therefore understand artistic
research as an exploration of the links between aesthetics, materiality,
and politics.

For Vilem Flusser, theory and praxis are intrinsically tied to each
other. His nomadic thinking was shaped by a philosophy of positions;
experimental testing of different ways of thinking and the linking of
different disciplines and methodologies played a significant role in his
work. Not the search for the truth but rather the playing around with
the aesthetic constitution of truth characterised his thinking, often
developed in dialogue with others. A fundamental principle of his
philosophy is the dialogue between the disciplines, points of views, and
methodologies. Knowledge production as a dialogue between different
standpoints (between science and art, laboratory and applied research,
old and new media, local and global forms of organisation) is therefore
the guiding principle for the concept of artistic research, which is
supported by the Vilem Flusser Residency Programme for Artistic Research.

With the 2-months residency programme, we would like to support projects
and works in different stages of development, from the first conceptual
steps up to significant advancements of already existing projects and
works. A comprehensible research interest is of importance for the
jury's decision; the relation between the work and issues and questions
addressed in its research with the context of our society as a whole;
first ideas regarding the approach during the period of the residency
(strategy, workshops, presentations, etc.); and the connection to the
focus of the Vilém Flusser Residency Programme for Artistic Research.

More informations on the residency programme and on recent projects:
http://www.transmediale.de/content/residency-call-for-entry
Conditions of Entry:
http://www.transmediale.de/content/conditions-of-entry-2015-flusser

The period of residency is 2 months, between May and July 2015.
The details of the final period will be defined in agreement with the
selected resident.
The residency covers:
# travel costs to Berlin
# stipend/grant of 1.300 EUR per month
# workspace at the Vilém Flusser Archive at the University of Arts (UdK)
in Berlin.

The residency programme is a cooperation between the Vilém Flusser
Archive at the Berlin University of the Arts (UdK) and transmediale,
festival for art and digital culture Berlin.

Cheers,
--
Markus Huber
*project coordination and development*