[rohrpost] phd jobs fuer datenaktivisten

Geert Lovink geert at desk.nl
Fre Mai 29 22:55:02 CEST 2015

Stefania Milan is looking for two PhD students and one Postdoctoral researcher for my project 'Data activism: The politics of big data according to civil society'. The five-year project has been awarded a Starting Grant of the European Research Council, and will be based at the Department of Media Studies of the University of Amsterdam. (Please note that a second position for a Postdoctoral researcher will be advertised in two years time).

You will join a team of five people working under the leadership of Stefania (the PI) and collaboratively examining the emerging dynamics of data activism at the intersection of its social and technological dimensions. We offer a multidisciplinary, interactive and international research environment in a leading department (Communication and Media Studies at the University of Amsterdam currently ranks number 8 in the QS World Rankings).

Important dates:
deadline for application: 9 June
Interviews (via Skype): 19 June

See the announcements/details for the application below:

http://www.uva.nl/en/about-the-uva/working-at-the-uva/vacancies/item/15-178.html
http://www.uva.nl/en/about-the-uva/working-at-the-uva/vacancies/item/15-179.html