[rohrpost] QUEER FACES MIGRANT VOICES - LGBTQI* Refugee storytelling project presentation April 14, 2018 Berlin

Natalie Gravenor natgravenor at gmail.com
Mo Apr 9 00:19:36 CEST 2018

Free entrance

QUEER FACES MIGRANT VOICES is a German-Dutch cooperation project for
young lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans * and/or intersex (LGBTI *) refugees
who have recently come to Germany or the Netherlands. Many of them have
fled discrimination, war or lack of prospects and have decided to leave
their homes to find a better life elsewhere. The project is for those
who question their sexual identity, sometimes because of education,
sometimes because of religious or other reasons. In addition to this
inner disruption, they are confronted with a completely new environment:
a new country, a different language, different customs and habits. Thus
young LGBTI refugees in particular are exposed to an identity crisis in
two ways and often question themselves and/or their surroundings.

The project gives these people the space and voice to deal with their
cultural, sexual and religious identity. Coaches help participants with
technical and personal questions: Where is my home? Is this the land I
was born in but had to flee, or is this new land my home? What role do I
play, what is my origin? What power do I have over my future? These
questions become stories that bring participants together in a narrative
mosaic.

PRESENTATION WITH WORKSHOP PARTICIPANTS
April 14, 2018, 4 p.m. Xenon Kino, Kolonnenstr. 5-6, 10827
Berlin-Schöneberg <https://www.facebook.com/Xenon-Kino-274012595104/>

QUEER FACES MIGRANT VOICES is a project of International Queer & Migrant
Film Festival <https://www.facebook.com/iqmff/>, Stichting art. 1
<https://www.facebook.com/stichtingart1/> and Kijufi - Landesverband
Kinder- und Jugendfilm Berlin e.V. <https://www.facebook.com/kijufi/>:
Project partners: One World Berlin Human Rights Film Festival
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/oneworldberlin/>
Funding: Botschaft der Niederlande in Deutschland
<https://www.facebook.com/botschaft.nl/>, Erasmus+
<https://www.facebook.com/EUErasmusPlusProgramme/>