[rohrpost] City and Science Biennial / Biennal Ciència i Ciutat, Barcelona, February 7-11, 2019

Ingeborg Reichle ingeborg.reichle at kunstgeschichte.de
Mi Feb 6 18:13:57 CET 2019

Biennal Ciència i Ciutat, Barcelona, February 7-11, 2019

In this change of epoch that we are living in - and in a city like
Barcelona - many questions are arising and uncertainty is growing: Can
science help us to settle our anxiety? Is scientific knowledge
accessible to everyone? What are the limits of scientific progress?
What dilemmas arise from the link between science, the market and the
authorities? How can we ensure that everything invested publicly in
science is useful for progress and social transformation?

The city of Barcelona has become one of the most important centres of
knowledge, research and scientific experimentation in Europe, and so
it cannot remain indifferent to these concerns, or the discussions
they generate. The City and Science Biennial is a broad look at
scientific knowledge and citizens’ involvement. A Biennial with which
the city’s academics, researchers, educators and scientists are
collaborating, with the aim of reflecting openly on these issues with
everyone who wishes to attend.

The Biennial is open to everybody because science forms part of our
everyday lives. Free activities at more than 60 venues, addressed to
people of all ages in every district in the city.

Over 80 workshops, discussions, exhibitions and shows in order to
leave no questions unanswered. 50 days of reflection, because science
has to be given space and time.

https://www.biennalciutaticiencia.barcelona/en/