[rohrpost] Photography Summer Class at Photocentrum

richfilm productions office at richfilm.de
Do Jul 4 22:15:11 CEST 2019

Photography Summer Class at Photocentrum
Berlin Green Spaces
VHS, 10969 Berlin, Wassertorstraße 4

One week, starting from July 22
Directed by Klaus W. Eisenlohr

Please register here:
https://www.vhsit.berlin.de/VHSKURSE/BusinessPages/CourseDetail.aspx?id=500745

Currently, there is a wide discussion about
Berlin as a good example of a "green city" even
though much of its open green areas have been
vanishing in the last few years.This photography
workshop will discover some of Berlin's green
urban spaces in relation to place, body and
space. We will visit some iconic places of urban
green of Berlin, as well as some more unknown
places that are on the verge to vanish or that
have been erected just recently. The Pfaueninsel
(Peacock Island) was built in Prussian times with
the ideal of landscape, which is a concept
related to English 19 century painting. With this
ideal of garden architecture in mind we will look
at very new public gardens.

We will also some explore some vanishing places,
the importance of "wasteland" in the city and
some new examples of community gardening or
guerilla gardening in the city.

In practical terms, we will research spatial
compositions, body relations, local lights and
shadows, and the impact of distance and proximity
taken with different lenses. Concepts of "figure
and space", "axes of view" and "containment of
space" will be examined in visual terms.
Discussions of the work in class and of
contemporary photographers will broaden our
senses. Requirements are: your own (digital)
camera, good experience in photography, and the
passion to experiment. A Berlin travel card for
public transport is highly recommended.

- A photography workshop in English at Photocentrum, directed by
Klaus W. Eisenlohr.
Photocentrum of Gilberto-Bosques Volkshochschule Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg

--
richfilm productions, Klaus W. Eisenlohr, Osnabrücker Str. 25, D-10589 Berlin

eMail Adresse: 		office at richfilm.de
Homepage !!!		http://www.kw-eisenlohr.de
Film Produktion:		http://www.richfilm.de

Telefon:			int.- 49 - (0)30 - 3409 5343 (BERLIN)