[rohrpost] HATE NEWS vs. FREE SPEECH: Live Conference on December 12

Tatiana Bazzichelli tbazz at disruptiv.biz
Mo Dez 7 16:11:08 CET 2020

Dear all,

I hope you are doing well at the end of this strange year!

We are happy to invite you to our 22nd international Disruption Network
Lab conference: "Hate News vs Free Speech: Polarization and Pluralism in
Georgian Media", taking place online as a livestream event on 12
December. The conference brings together journalists, activists and
media experts from Georgia and Germany to discuss strategies to fight
misinformation, hate speech and social network manipulation and to
strengthen freedom of speech. We would be glad to see you online for
this event - a chat will be active to ask questions during the panels.

This conference is part of the 2020 collaborative project “HATE NEWS vs.
FREE SPEECH: Polarization and Pluralism in Georgian Media”, in which
Disruption Network Lab and the Georgian non-profit organization Regional
Democratic Hub – Caucasus collaborate on programme exchange between
Germany and Georgia.

Conference:
12. December 2020 - 11.30-18.00 CET. Live from Studio 1, Kunstquartier
Bethanien, Berlin, and Tblisi, Georgia.

11:30 ·  INTRO
11:45–13:15: POLARISATION AND MEDIA ETHICS IN GEORGIA
14:15–15:45: MISINFORMATION ON SOCIAL MEDIA DURING ELECTIONS
16:30–18:00: HATE SPEECH & HUMAN RIGHTS
Full details & chat for live questions:
https://www.disruptionlab.org/hate-news-vs-free-speech

Workshop:
13. December 2020, 11.00-14.00 CET at STATE Studio, Berlin, and Tblisi,
Georgia.

ANATOMY OF A CONSPIRACY THEORY
— Signup required · On location at State Studio —
Full details:
https://www.disruptionlab.org/hate-news-vs-free-speech#workshop

The project is undertaken with the financial support of the German
Federal Foreign Office as part of the Expanding Cooperation with Civil
Society in the Eastern Partnership Countries and Russia (Eastern
Partnership Programme).

Feel free to forward the information to other people!

All the best,

Tatiana

--
Tatiana Bazzichelli // Artistic Director
Disruption Network Lab