[spectre] spectres partially uncovered?

honor honor@va.com.au
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 12:26:50 +0000

hi everybody,

in the last little while there's been some discussion about how it would be
nice if we had some sense of who else is subscribed to the spectre
list.  when the list started it was a mere 30 - 40 of us, and now we've
blossomed to a group of about 250 or so.

many are interested in who they're addressing on the list. we've talked
about sending a note to the list with the partial addresses of all the
subscribers.  this will give interested spectres an idea of who roughly is
on the list, and a vague (and quite possibly inaccurate) notion of domain
demographics.

this is the format we're thinking of posting the addresses in:

abroeck@.....de
inke@.....de
honor@.....au

ie. - the portion of the address following the @ symbol and before the
country domain is blocked out.

does anybody have any strong objections to having their address posted to
the rest of the list in this way?
if so, please send me <honor@va.com.au> an email by midday on wednesday,
and let me know the address you subscribed to the spectre list with.  i'll
remove your address from the list of addresses that i'll send to everyone else.

bestest

honor