[spectre] spectres partially uncovered?

darko fritz fritz.d@chello.nl
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 18:58:22 +0100

dear all

i don't urge to know *all* list members names particularly, but i don't mind
about listing the names as well...

> i think you get a pretty good idea of who the subscribers' are, by listing
> the addresses partially.  you see the subscribers' domain (.de, .hr, .si
> etc) and the first part of their e-mail address.

if the subscriber list will be published, here is a suggestion: to publish
only names [real / artistic / institutional / corporate / split / multiple
personalities ...] with no e-mail addresses ... [no spam guaranteed!]

... and no domains -> if we add domains than we deal with wide questions of
data-body self[?]representation. we can read certain context of domains as
well as each element of web or e-mail address and its position.
is this self[?]presentation de/territorial [.net / .nl .de .hr] or
social-controlled labeled [.com .org .edu ...] or arty [.whatever .art  etc]
or fake one opens too deep techno-identity complexity for a simple list of
mailing list subscriber list.
domains can disinformed us as well [i know many people have different
domains vs. where they actually live] as well as someone can find it
repressive because [mostly] repressive powers invited it and made it
obligatory.

talking personal: i live in 2 countrys + traveling a lot [aprox. 10 countrys
in last six month] + having net identity. mostly i am from .project

are all these @hotmail people really hot about their mail?
someone can find politically non-correct @chello. in my address -- and i
agree -- and i admit my sins! -- i sell my soul to terrible multinational
corporation because of more brandwith. [and i am paying my sins with
terrible service :)]. are my guilt feelings readable from my web and e-mail
address? i have a feeling that data-body [and domains name as part of it]
tells less about real privacy and real people, but tells a lot to
[sucsessfull or not] repression  and [sucsessfull or not] selfpresentation.

best

darko fritz propaganda . http://members.ams.chello.nl/fritzd
Jacob van Lennepstraat 349 . 1053 JL Amsterdam . The Netherlands
tel + fax [++] 31 [0] 20 - 6831814
Srpanjska 1 . 10000 Zagreb . Croatia
tel [rings in cro only] [++] 385 [0]91 5800193