[spectre] Flush Art -> down the toilet

Zeljko Blace zblace@alu.hr
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 20:49:14 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 4 Oct 2001 ana.peraica@st.tel.hr wrote:

> Dear all
>
> here is the invitation of Giancarlo Politi, the editor of Flash Art, on
> discussion about the changes in arts after the 11th September.
>
> Best
> Ana Peraica
>

> ART AND THE ART WORLD AFTER THE ATTACK TO NEW YORK
>
> Dear friends,
> The attack against the World Trade Center not only shocked the whole worl=
d: it
> also changed it.
> Our behaviours will be for ever changed, and our culture will be radicall=
> transformed.
> Art has always been a sensitive detector of change, a delicate sismograph=
 of
> our times, often anticipating the shape of things to come.
>
> We would like to know your opinions*:
>
> How will art react to the World Trade Center attack?
>
> How will the art world change?
>
> And will the market be effected?
>
> Flash Art
> Giancarlo Politi
>
> Please e-mail to: flash_art@tin.it =A0=A0or =A0=A0giancarlo.politi@tin.it

Dear Ana,
not sure why this should be sent here. Is Mr Politi traying to prevent
market collapse... investigating influences to his market strategies?

How will Flash Art this issue...
=09heaving even more US artists in his magazine?
=09promoting politically correct expression?
=09animatig/promoting production of war-related art?

Looking at this phenomenon from the outside makes me remember what kind of
art was supported during the war in croatia, bosnia & herzegovina,
kosovo... or the worst example in nato bombing of serbia.

video art(ists) should be the most obvious benefitiaries of such event so
we might finally get to see some new production from TV footages.

Best.

                    .plan as a mission