[spectre] terror in NYC

Timothy Druckrey druckrey@interport.net
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 11:14:15 -0400

All,

Smoke billows over Brooklyn and the single broadcast channel has shaky live shots of the towers. I watched after hearing a radio report and got to the TV in time to see a 767 swerve and smash into the second tower. Within an hour both towers collapsed. Lower manhattan was covered with white dust, a suitable veil for the carnage below. Reports, as of 11am NY time, suggest that there are 5 other planes that have been hijacked. NY is being buzzed by F-16s, everything is shutdown, and a haze and white dust is covering everything. The shot showing the damage to the Pentagon appeared amidst reporters reduced to gasps of 'oh my god," as indescribable scenes played in their monitors. As of now (11:13 am) no word from City or Federal officials.

more soon,

Tim