[spectre] Re: friends in NYC

Rafael Lozano-Hemmer rafael@csi.com
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 20:18:29 -0400

Just heard from Manuel Delanda who is OK, as is Phil Grauer.

Meanwhile Kabul is being bombed so we are assured more innocent
people will continue to die. Somos mierda.

--Rafael

ps Here are some quotes from the World Trade Center "Living Archive"
at http://ericdarton.net/ some seem so ironic today

I feel this way about it. World trade means world peace and
consequently the World Trade Center buildings in New York ... had a
bigger purpose than just to provide room for tenants. The World Trade
Center is a living symbol of man's dedication to world peace ...
beyond the compelling need to make this a monument to world peace,
the World Trade Center should, because of its importance, become a
representation of man's belief in humanity, his need for individual
dignity, his beliefs in the cooperation of men, and through
cooperation, his ability to find greatness.
- Minoru Yamasaki, chief architect of the World Trade Center

Building skyscrapers is the nearest peacetime equivalent of war.
- Col. William H. Starrett, Skyscrapers & the Men Who Build Them, 1928.

Who knows when some slight shock, disturbing the delicate balance
between the social order and thirsty aspiration, shall send the
skyscrapers in our cities toppling?
- Richard Wright, Native Son