[spectre] No subject was specified.

philip pocock philip.pocock@t-online.de
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 11:56:08 +0200

unable to get through by phone from germany yesterday to my daughter,
her mother or stepfather, aunts or uncles, all living in lower
manhattan, and news on the web jammed for hours, i finally got this
email response, taking many many hours to find its way here, from her
mother.

____________________________________

Subject: no more twin towers
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 09:26:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: Rita Lascaro
To: philip.pocock@t-online.de

we are okay. the phones aren't working too well; it is
hard to get through. antonia is at school on 96th and
park; her school building is an old windowless armory.
bob recalled when she commented on how ugly the school
was that  i said "at least you will be safe if there
is a terrorist attack." he just left to pick her up
with the car.

michael just called - lisa started walking across the
manhattan bridge at 10 am (she works in the courthouse
downtown; they evacuated it and one plan was for her
to come here since all the subways are shut down) and
is now in brooklyn, 86 blocks from home, still
walking. and meeting people who were in the towers
when they were hit.

i am shaking.

words fails me, pictures aren't much better...