[spectre] re: take over

Annick Bureaud annickb@altern.org
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 14:32:18 +0800

I would like to add my 2 cents=2E I am involved in different activities
that are in the same area=2E I would like to stress upon the fact that I
am primarily working for a French speaking audience=2E There is a lot
going on in English, but not that much in French=2E So here are my
projects (some achieved, some on going, some to start) :

1 - Livres & etudes, on the Olats web site (http://www=2Eolats=2Eorg)
- reprinting of not any more available important texts=2E The "historical"
texts by Edmond Couchot have been put online=2E They are from 82 to 89 and
provide a very interesting analysis of media art
- publishing of new essays (nothing online yet)

2 - Pionniers & Pr=E9curseurs, on the Olats web site
Documenting the work of the artists pioneers & pathbreakers in
art-science-technology of the XXth Century=2E It includes in-depth
monographies and short notices=2E Check the site for the whole list=2E This
is an ongoing process=2E=20

3 - Publishing of a book in collaboration with Nathalie Magnan,
collection of essays "Connexions : Art, Media, Network" on the theme :
from art of communication to Net art=2E Will be published in
February/march 2002 by the Press of the Ecole Nationale des Beaux-Arts
in Paris

4 - "Les Basiques", project to start this autumn (as soon as I have got
the grant) of notices about key words, definitions, notions,  artistic
trends, etc=2E around "Multimedia"=2E Will be hosted by Olats once again=2E
The target is a large audience=2E

5 - I have started to put together something that you could be called
"readers" for my students in Aix-en-Provence=2E it will include for each
theme or section : a long essay by me + selection of texts=2E It will take
me 2 years to go through the whole material I have to compile and
through the writtings=2E Then, I don't know what will come out of it :
books and/or online publishing=2E

6 - Chronologies : with Olats, we are launching a "Chronologies
Projects"=2E The first one will be about Art and Communication, the second
about Space and the Arts=2E=20

7 - Bibliographies : With Leonardo/Olats, I maintain a "General
bibliography of Electronic Arts"=2E It is on the Olats web site in the
"reperes et ressources" section=2E

8 - Idea online : I still maintain, (with lots of delay), the
International Directory of Electronic Arts (http://nunc=2Ecom)

These are my current projects=2E I hope this mail does not sound too much
of self-promotion=2E It is not my intention but to let you know that here,
there are projects that include analysis and proposition to deal with
those issues, and writtings to come=2E Again, most of it, if not all of
it, is in French and will be in French=2E

Best
Annick

--=20
ATTENTION : NEW EMAIL ADDRESS - NOUVELLE ADRESSE EMAIL
annickb@altern=2Eorg
---------------------------
Annick Bureaud (annickb@altern=2Eorg)
--------------------------------------
SUPPORT LEONARDO/SOUTENEZ LEONARDO :=20
* Get a T=2EShirt / Achetez un T=2EShirt
http://www=2Ezero23=2Ecom/leo/leo=2Ehtm

* Buy past issues of Leonardo Journal/Achetez les anciens num=E9ros de la re=
vue
http://www=2Ecdemusic=2Eorg/
t=E9l/fax : 33/143 20 92 23=20
mobile : 33 (0)6 86 77 65 76