[spectre] 2PM FRI APR 5 / BORED WITH THE APOCALYPSE / MU PERFORMANCE / UCONN

William Swofford bswofford@snet.net
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 01:07:58 -0500

PLEASE FORWARD
APRIL 5th, 2002
EARTHDANCE FILM FESTIVAL
von der Mehden Recital Hall
University of Connecticut

MU :: UConn Electroacoustic Improvisation Ensemble

PRESENTS
=93Bored with the Apocalypse=94
an original improvisation by MU
with special guest Bikini Atoll live via retrograde-continuous satelitte
feed

"We find ourselves officially bored with the End of the World.  The
canonical version has been used since 1945 to keep us cowering in fear of
Mutual Assured Destruction & in sniveling servitude to our super-hero
politicians (the only ones capable of handling deadly Green Kryptonite)..=
..
actually, it's obvious that a world ends every moment; for all Ideal past=
and all futures which have not yet come to pass simply obstruct our
consciousness of total vivid presence (in which all impossibilities are
renewed).  Since Profane time came to an end somewhere in the late Middle
Ages, we've been living angelic time--only most of us don't know it.

Chaos never died! Did you know that we are not now & never have been slav=
es
to the past or hostages to the future? A boy smiles at me in the street. =
black crow sits in a pink magnolia tree, cawing as orgone accumulates &
discharges in a split second over the city...summer begins. I may be your
lover...but I spit on your Millennium." - HAKIM BEY, TEMPORARY AUTONOMOUS
ZONE

MU PERSONNEL
Ryan Boudreau - percussion
Crystal Burnham - voice & keys
Doug Hughes - trumpet & bongalia
Clark Kasheta - percussion, voice
Patrick Murphy - laptop audio
William Swofford =96 processed tanpura & video projection
Jason Villani - keys & analog processing, samples
Sylva Zander =96 movement & voice

ABOUT MU
Under the direction of William Swofford and Earl MacDonald, Professor of
Jazz Studies, MU is a one credit multidisciplinary workshop in
electroacoustic improvisation. Through sound-focused strategies of deep
listening and intuitive communication, MU presents musics which incorpora=
te
technological processes, video projection, non-ordinary states of awarene=
ss
and movement in the creation of intramarginal media performances.