[spectre] 3rd Short Electronic Form Fair, KEF

katarina zivanovic katarina@b92.net
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 22:38:18 +0200

 REX - B92 Cultural Centre
Jevrejska 16, Belgrade, FRY
www.rex.b92.net

3rd Short Electronic Form Fair, KEF
November 29 - December 1, 2002

The same motifs and expectations apply to KEF 3 Fair just like for the
previous two (look up www.rex.b92.net/kef).
The theme of the third KEF is "AS GOOD AS IT GETS."  (borrowed from a folk
proverb).
We want the works to comply with the temporal form dictated by the
advertising industry = you may take part in KEF only with works shorter than
ONE MINUTE!
Deadline for submission of works: November 15, 2002.
We will present three audience awards (sponsored B92.net) and REX award.
Your APPLICATION should contain the following:
1) Name & surname, year and place of birth:
2) School/university/profession:
3) Place of residence and contact info (phone number and e-mail address*):
*required
4) Technical details: (exact format, the name of the program used to produce
the work, hardware requirements)
5) Comment/statement/accompanying text:

WORKS may be in
*audio format: wav, mp3, wma, Quick time, Audio CD, MC
*video format: avi, mpeg, Real Video, DivX, Quick time, VHS, DV, Video CD
*web format: dynamic html, Flash, Director, Power Point, animated gif, exe
files

IMPORTANT: PC formats must be presentable on standard hardware
configurations ( PIII 500Mhz, 128MB Ram)
You may:
- bring your works to REX, every working day 10 a.m. - 07 p.m.
- send them by snail mail (VHS or DV cassette, CD, floppy disk and audio
cassette)
- send them by e-mail (maximum size of individual files - 2MB) to the
following address: rex@b92.net (subject: kef)

info:
www.rex.b92.net/kef
rexweb@b92.net
phone: + 381 11 32 84 299

YOU'RE DESIGNING A VACCINE AGAINST FAST-MOOD CIVILISATION!

About the first KEF:
".this exhibition does not assume its political identification by advocating
explicit and important political concepts (capitalism, communism, nation,
race, gender, power), but on the basis of the very order of things, system
of organising, archiving and classification of 'electronic trails',
incomparable identities of everyday life routine. we are talking of the
extraordinary and the ordinary; in fact, at issue is simultaneously ironic
and infantile realism reflecting the present moment and at the same time
serving as its building blocks." Misko Suvakovic (you may find the complete
text at www.cyberrex.org/kef/misko.html)
". and I think, one day, I'll make on my own something for my screen, and
make it as short as I'd like it to be, have it look like just the way it
pleases me. and I've never managed to do that. But there are people who
have." Voja Zanetic (you may find the complete text at
www.cyberrex.org/kef/vojazanetic.html)

About the second KEF:
".short electronic forms bring us back to the culture of handymen retrained
to be electronic bricoleurs who represent today the most vital and wholesome
offspring of digital reconfiguration of creativity." Dejan Sretenovic (you
may find the complete text at www.cyberrex.org/kef/kef2/tekstovi/ds-srp.doc)
". in what other way to make people get used to quality and, if you like,
'critical thinking'? Hence, storm the radio and television! Enough of
modesty and underground resistance. Basta!" Maja M. Marinkovic (you may find
the complete text at  www.cyberrex.org/kef/kef2/tekstovi/mm-srp.doc)

P.S. Please, help us find Damjan Brkic, KEF 1 award winner!