[spectre] Olats Newsn°2April

Annick Bureaud annickb at altern.org
Wed Apr 2 16:03:09 CEST 2003

OLATS NEWS 002 - E – 01/04/2003

1 – Artmedia VIII : online publishing of the proceedings
http://www.olats.org/artmedia8.html

2 – New in Global Crossing: The Cultural Roots of Globalisation
http://www.olats.org/setF12.html

********************************
1 - Artmedia VIII : online publishing of the proceedings
http://www.olats.org/artmedia8.html
The online publishing of the proceedings of the International Symposium
Artmedia VIII is now achieved. It constitutes an ensemble of 37 texts,
some of which both in French and English, on the art practices and
theoretical analysis in the field of Aesthetics of Communication and Net
art, available permanently, and reactivating the discussions hold during
the December 2002 symposium.

2 - New in Global Crossing: The Cultural Roots of Globalisation
http://www.olats.org/setF12.html
Opening of the " Links " section of the FCM project. In this section we
present links to websites concerning the questionning about
globalization as raised in this project. We are linking to websites
concerning related events (symposia, exhibitions, etc.) and to artists’
websites presenting projects approaching planetary issues and revealing
particular relationships to global dimensions.

New text on-line. " Mapping the Database " by Karen O’Rourke and Sharon
Daniel. This text presents two artworks (Substract the Sky and Une carte
plus grande que le territoire) questionning our relationship to
cartography. Cartography is considered as an intersubjective manner of
sculpting information and modeling communication.

The bibliography has been updated and new words have been added to the
"Mots de la Mondialisation", this later part is available only in French
but is worth a look anyway !

If you don't want to receive this information, send us a mail at
annickb at altern.org indicating your email address and the indication that
you want to be taken off, and we'll remove you from this list.

Annick Bureaud (annick at nunc.com)
tél/fax : 33/143 20 92 23
mobile : 33 (0)6 86 77 65 76