[spectre] newsletter BERLINALE TALENT CAMPUS #1

Daedelow, Jana jana at berlinale-talentcampus.de
Tue Aug 12 12:49:27 CEST 2003

BERLINALE TALENT CAMPUS NEWSLETTER #1 - BERLIN, August 1st, 2003

Please forward this newsletter to all film professionals.

LET'S GET PASSIONATE ABOUT FILM

DEAR FRIENDS OF FILM,
We would like to invite you and/or your colleagues to apply for the
BERLINALE TALENT CAMPUS #2.  Emerging filmmakers from all over the globe
will again be given the chance of a lifetime at the BERLINALE TALENT
CAMPUS 2004
from February 7-12. The crme de la crme of the international film
industry will be on hand to share their knowledge, experience and
provide advice on getting geared for success according to our motto
"Let's get passionate about film!"
The BERLINALE TALENT CAMPUS builds on the success of the inaugural
year in 2003.
Tutors in 2003 included Ken Adam, Stephen Frears, Dennis Hopper,
Spike Lee, Lia van Leer,
Anthony Minghella, Tom Tykwer and Wim Wenders.

ThE APPLICATION PHASE FOR THE CAMPUS 2004 HAS STARTED NOW.
The Campus application can be found online only at
http://www.berlinale-talentcampus.de. Eligible are: young screenwriters,
producers, cinematographers, directors, actors and, for the first time,
film music composers, sound designers and film editors. A key part of
the application is the submission of a one minute film. Film music
composers and sound designers may submit a sound sample and
screenwriters may submit a writing sample in place of the film. The
application deadline is October 10th, 2003. Selected talents will be
notified no later than December 27th, 2003.
Successful applicants who are not German citizens and who do not live in
Germany will receive free accommodation and a contribution towards their
travel expenses.
Talents who took part in the Talent Campus 2003 are welcome to apply.
However, preference will be given to talents applying for the first
time. If selected to participate for a second time in 2004, no travel expenses
and accomodation costs will be reimbursed.

WHAT'S THE PROGRAMME IN 2004?
The six day programme will again explore the five stages of creating
film: Philosophy, Preproduction, Production, Postproduction and
Promotion.  Such elements as "Sounds", "Visions", "Action", "Turning
Points" and the "Climax" will be considered throughout the lectures,
case studies and workshops. The programme will concentrate on the
practical aspects of filmmaking and international prospects.
The new theme "The Sound and Music" will enrich the spectrum of talent
to include sound designers, composers and film editors. Another new
Campus focus is the "Working Campus", which will give talents the chance
to gain practical experience in small work groups. These talents will
work together throughout the whole week and present the results of their
cooperation, such as a short film.

INTERNATIONAL PARTNERS KEEP THE CAMPUS INDEPENDENT
Festival director Dieter Kosslick said the BERLINALE TALENT CAMPUS "is
an extremely important building block as far as the future of the Berlin
International Film Festival is concerned. I am delighted that our
partners share our vision for Campus. Their core funding enables Campus
to remain financially independent of the Berlin International Film
Festival." That means the Campus will once again be run in collaboration
with the Filmboard Berlin-Brandenburg, the UK Film Council and the House
of World Cultures. Volkswagen has also joined the partner team and
supports the film music and sound design focus of this year's programme.
The Campus team is 'getting passionate' about international
film talent meeting in Berlin from February 7-12, 2004.  Help us spread
the word! Please forward this newsletter to all potential talents. For
more information, visit our website at www.berlinale-talentcampus.de
Keep in touch!
Your BERLINALE TALENT CAMPUS Team
An initiative of the Berlin International Film Festival, a business
division of the Kulturveranstaltungen des Bundes in Berlin GmbH, in
co-operation with Filmboard Berlin-Brandenburg, UK Film Council, House
of World Cultures and Volkswagen.

Berlinale Talent Campus

Internationale Filmfestspiele Berlin
ein GeschŠftsbereich der