[spectre] FW: CESTA's 9th Arts Festival of International, Interdisciplinary Collaborations

bltzr bltzr@zkrx.org
Thu, 02 Jan 2003 04:17:22 +0100

> Ce message est au format MIME. Comme votre programme de lecture de courriers ne comprend pas
ce format, il se peut que tout ou une partie de ce message soit illisible.

--B_3124325843_93661

Please forward to or post for anyone you feel may be interested in
this.
If you have received this message in error, or do not wish to
receive CESTA's general broadcasts, please reply to
cesta@mbox.vol.cz with "Remove" in the subject line.

Total Recall
CESTA's 9th Arts Festival of International, Interdisciplinary
Collaborations
August 2003

History or story. True or False.
Manufactured, manipulated, mutated, borrowed, stolen, masked,
censored, altered.
Empowering, enlightening, protecting, owned, revealing, conclusive,
safe.
Remembered or Forgotten?
Are those who forget the past condemned to repeat it?
Do we 'endure the burden of the past'1 with 'the charitable
deceptions of nostalgia'2?

We access memory and replicate it in different ways. The ways
that we choose to represent what we remember or forget,
consciously or subconsciously, have broad collective as well as
personal ramifications. Through monuments and architecture,
rituals and religion, oral traditions and legends, even diaries and
psychoanalysis, we witness remembering and forgetting defined.

1, 2 Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Love in the Time of Cholera  p.106

For Total Recall, we invite applicants to address memory, ours and
Ours, to investigate how we represent and interpret it.

CESTA's festival themes and parameters of cross-national
interdisciplinary collaborations represent the center's commitment
to improving communication through creative expression. We base
our selection of artists on a review of applications resulting from our
annual open call. Applicants request CESTA to connect them with
collaboration partners or apply as a pre-formed collaboration group.
For Total Recall all final festival collaboration groups must be:

1) Cross-national: more than one nationality
2) Interdisciplinary: more than one artistic medium
3) Collaborative: conceptualizing and creating interdependent
artistic work
4) work created exclusively for Total Recall
5) artists with experience in artistic collaboration

If you have a group, which fits the above parameters, you may
qualify to apply as a Pre-formed collaboration group. Details for
applying as a Pre-formed collaboration group are on the application
form.

Festival Application Deadline: January 31, 2003

Final presentations of the collaboration groups: August 22-24
On-site collaborations in progress: August 1-21
Meet the Artists - presentations of participants' past work: August
10-18
Seminars, workshops and educational programs on the festival
theme: August 10-18
Daily reviews of the presentations: August 23-25

For an Open Call Application Form or more information, please visit
our website or contact us at:

CESTA
Nov=E1kova 387=20
39001 T=E1bor CZ
420 381 258 004 phone/fax
cesta@mbox.vol.cz=20
www.cesta.cz <http://www.cesta.cz>

CESTA
Novakova 387, Tabor 39001, Czech Republic
tel: +420-381-258-004
email: cesta@mbox.vol.cz
http://www.cesta.cz

--B_3124325843_93661

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>FW: CESTA's 9th Arts Festival of International, Interdisciplinary Co=
llaborations</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><BR>
Please forward to or post for anyone you feel may be interested in &nbsp;&n=
bsp;<BR>
this.<BR>
If you have received this message in error, or do not wish to &nbsp;&nbsp;<=

receive CESTA's general broadcasts, please reply to &nbsp;&nbsp;<BR>
cesta@mbox.vol.cz with &quot;Remove&quot; in the subject line. &nbsp;<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Total Recall<BR>
CESTA's 9th Arts Festival of International, Interdisciplinary <BR>
Collaborations<BR>
August 2003<BR>
<BR>
History or story. True or False. <BR>
Manufactured, manipulated, mutated, borrowed, stolen, masked, <BR>
censored, altered.<BR>
Empowering, enlightening, protecting, owned, revealing, conclusive, <BR>
safe.<BR>
Remembered or Forgotten?<BR>
Are those who forget the past condemned to repeat it?<BR>
Do we 'endure the burden of the past'1 with 'the charitable <BR>
deceptions of nostalgia'2? <BR>
<BR>
We access memory and replicate it in different ways. The ways <BR>
that we choose to represent what we remember or forget, <BR>
consciously or subconsciously, have broad collective as well as <BR>
personal ramifications. Through monuments and architecture, <BR>
rituals and religion, oral traditions and legends, even diaries and <BR>
psychoanalysis, we witness remembering and forgetting defined.<BR>
<BR>
1, 2 Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Love in the Time of Cholera &nbsp;p.106<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
For Total Recall, we invite applicants to address memory, ours and <BR>
Ours, to investigate how we represent and interpret it. <BR>
<BR>
CESTA's festival themes and parameters of cross-national <BR>
interdisciplinary collaborations represent the center's commitment <BR>
to improving communication through creative expression. We base <BR>
our selection of artists on a review of applications resulting from our <BR=

annual open call. Applicants request CESTA to connect them with <BR>
collaboration partners or apply as a pre-formed collaboration group. <BR>
For Total Recall all final festival collaboration groups must be: <BR>
<BR>
1) Cross-national: more than one nationality<BR>
2) Interdisciplinary: more than one artistic medium<BR>
3) Collaborative: conceptualizing and creating interdependent <BR>
artistic work<BR>
4) work created exclusively for Total Recall<BR>
5) artists with experience in artistic collaboration<BR>
<BR>
If you have a group, which fits the above parameters, you may <BR>
qualify to apply as a Pre-formed collaboration group. Details for <BR>
applying as a Pre-formed collaboration group are on the application <BR>
form.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Festival Application Deadline: January 31, 2003<BR>
<BR>
Final presentations of the collaboration groups: August 22-24<BR>
On-site collaborations in progress: August 1-21<BR>
Meet the Artists - presentations of participants' past work: August <BR>
10-18<BR>
Seminars, workshops and educational programs on the festival <BR>
theme: August 10-18<BR>
Daily reviews of the presentations: August 23-25<BR>
<BR>
For an Open Call Application Form or more information, please visit <BR>
our website or contact us at:<BR>
<BR>
CESTA<BR>
Nov&aacute;kova 387 <BR>
39001 T&aacute;bor CZ<BR>
420 381 258 004 phone/fax<BR>
cesta@mbox.vol.cz <BR>
www.cesta.cz &lt;http://www.cesta.cz&gt; <BR>
<BR>
CESTA<BR>
Novakova 387, Tabor 39001, Czech Republic<BR>
tel: +420-381-258-004<BR>
email: cesta@mbox.vol.cz<BR>
http://www.cesta.cz<BR>
<BR>