[spectre] [Psrf] Photostatic Retrograde Archive, no. 32

Lloyd Dunn ll at detritus.net
Sat Jun 28 15:54:32 CEST 2003

#  If you no longer wish to recieve e-mail announcements from the
#  Photostatic Retrograde Archive, simply let us know and we will remove
#  your name from the mailing list.
#  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now available for download, Retrograde Release no. 20, July 2003:

PhotoStatic 32

Direct download: http://psrf.detritus.net/pdf/p32.pdf (5.1 Mb)

Description. "Existentialism and the Illusion of
Choice" The theme was probably chosen after
reading Albert Camus' L'Étranger for a French
class, and deciding that at least the familiarity
of the idea of existentialism would give most of
my contributors a steady toehold upon which to
improvise with their fruitful minds. In our view,
they did not disappoint. Also, this issue was
assembled in the middle of a period when our
strongest and most reliable contributors were
participating in the project, and many fragments
seem part of continua of fragments found in
previous and future issues. (The numbering at the
end of each of the regular columns alludes to
this.) In addition to the graphics on the front
and back cover, regular contributor Thomas Wiloch
also offers up another installment of his "Codes
and Chaos" column. A significant graphic series,
which appears at the start of the issue, is the
work of P. Petrisko, Jr, and frequent contributor
Guy R. Beining also contributes a series of eight
collages in his inimitable style. Christopher
Erin, whose work in these pages is generally
visual, here contributes the text "Dada: Suicide
as an Art Form." Another Important text,
"Censorship: The Oldest of Suppressed Traditions"
is penned by John Berndt.

Contributors include. Thomas Wiloch, Tom Hibbard,
Alessandro Aiello, P. Petrisko Jr., Eric Gunnar
Rochow, Guy R. Beining, Thad Metz, Hilare
Moderne, Karen Eliot [John Berndt], The
Tape-beatles, Uta-Maria Krapf, Thom Metzger, John
Stickney, Musicmaster, Janet Janet, Arturo
Guiseppe Fallico, Jürgen O. Olbrich, Lang
Thompson, Bob Grumman, Christopher Erin, Tim
Coats, Geof Huth, Mark Rose.

Project Overview: The Photostatic Retrograde
Archive serves as an electronic repository for a
complete collection of PhotoStatic Magazine,
PhonoStatic Cassettes, Retrofuturism, and Psrf,
(as well as related titles). Issues are posted as
PDF files, at more or less regular intervals, in
reverse chronological order to form a
chronological mirror image of the original
series. When the first issue, dating from 1983,
is finally posted in several year's time, then
this electronic archive will be complete.

Issue directory: http://psrf.detritus.net/issues.html

Project URL: http://psrf.detritus.net/

--

#  Photostatic Magazine Retrograde Archive : http://psrf.detritus.net/