[spectre] letter to the Walker Art Center re Steve Dietz and New Media

Sarah Cook sarah.e.cook at sunderland.ac.uk
Mon Jun 30 11:20:22 CEST 2003

Dear all,

Thanks again for your continued interest in the state of new media art
programming at the Walker Art Center. As you may be aware, in May I
posted an open letter to Walker's director Kathy Halbreich concerning
the dismissal of new media curator Steve Dietz and the Walker's
decision to cease curating new media art projects. In 7 days it
acquired 700 signatures. In June we posted the reply we received from
Kathy Halbreich.  We have now put online a response to this exchange
from Steve Dietz.

Once again the url is: http://www.mteww.com/walker_letter/index.shtml

I would appreciate it if you could forward this link to anyone you
think would be interested, and if you are a member of the press that
you consider investigating and reporting on this story further.

As ever,
Sarah Cook

*********
Sarah Cook, curator and co-editor
CRUMB: The Curatorial Resource for Upstart Media Bliss
www.newmedia.sunderland.ac.uk/crumb
www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/new-media-curating.html