[spectre] interdisc. workshop The Storytelling Body, Ibiza

ron bunzl ronbunzl at worldonline.nl
Mon May 5 11:30:47 CEST 2003

(please: no attachments, no images, no HTML-coding; plain text is
beautiful. -a)

THE STORYTELLING BODY

An interdisciplinary workshop by Ron Bunzl with Jim Barnard

July 14 - 27, 2003 - Ibiza

Storytelling is an essential human instinct. It is central to the process
of creating identity and communication, interaction and performance.

The workshop is interdisciplinary. This means that participants will explore
a full range of expressive languages through the two weeks of work
with dance, theatre, voice, text and video to give shape to their stories
and work together to weave the fabric of the collective story that is the final
presentation. This performance is the final celebration of the process that
will be presented to audiences on a mid-summer night at the beautiful
outdoors space of "Namaste" on Ibiza.

Through a process of "automatic" writing (stream of consciousness associative
and uncensored fishing in the deep pools of imagination and memory) we will
discover starting points for performance through which we become visible
and present.
The work methods will guide us to journey inside the body to find physical
feelings and energetic starting points and inside the mind and the imagination
to find pictures, emotions and words that make up stories that reflect our
reality and experience.

It is said our soul already knows and contains everything; our real purpose
and challenge is experience: performance. We can see who we are in
whom we want to be. Every moment is a creative act and an opportunity
to experience our self thinking, moving, speaking, being in the world we are
creating. As we act on our visions, feelings and beliefs,giving shape to them
in time and space and in the interaction with others, we encounter and
discover our selves.
In telling our stories we digest our experiences. We interpret reality and open
our reality to others. Finally, the stories we tell identify who we are. And in
some sense we may not even know what our view of the world and our
selves is until we tell our stories.

Ron Bunzl has combined more than 30 years of artistic experience and
research in the visual arts, music and performance to create a personal
form of interdisciplinary dance theatre. He is the creator and director
of the CLOUD CHAMBER group based in Amsterdam.

Jim Barnard has worked extensively for the last 10 years in the field of dance
theatre, primarily as a danser/performer, and more recently as a puppeteer,
choreographer and composer/sound designer. His ongoing collaboration with
Ron Bunzl began in 1996, and includes several film and video aswell
as theatre projects.

Workshop inclusive board & lodging (2 meals)
(With inscription before April 30 th EUR 795.-)

Closing date for registration: May 23rd
Price: EUR 845.-