[spectre] [] low-fi commissions: call for proposals

luci eyers giraffe at easynet.co.uk
Mon May 12 21:17:14 CEST 2003

[] low-fi commissions '03
[apologies if you receive this more than once]

this is an open call for proposals. we are wanting to support some new work
by artists already working with networked technology.
more info below and on our site:
http://www.low-fi.org.uk/commissions

bw,
low-fi

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
X XXXXX  XX XXX XXXXX   X X
X XXXX XX X XXX XXXXX XXX X
X XXXX XX X XXX X   X   X X
X XXXX XX X X X XXXXX XXX X
X    XX  XXX X XXXXXX XXX X
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

[] Call for proposals.
low-fi welcomes proposals for 3 commissioned art projects from artists
working with networked technology/internet. A successful proposal could be
realised either wholly online; or could be partially online and partially in
some other media or event/performance based. However the internet will need
to be an integral component. we are aiming to extend artists' current
practice by offering financial assistance to the successful applicants.

[we will not accept proposals which are:
- for home pages of documentation for projects that exist entirely offline
- for projects which have already been produced]

[] Tech support.
We are not able to offer technical support for commissioned projects. As
part of their current practice we would expect each applicant to have the
means/skills to realise their own proposal.

[] Fee.
£1,500 for each commission.

[] Application form.
In order to submit a proposal please download and complete the application
form. Then email it to us at lowfi at low-fi.org.uk
deadline: 15 June '03

[] Selection Panel.
The selection panel will be the the low-fi team plus Nick Crowe and Sarah
Cook.

[] Hosting.
low-fi will host the commissioned projects on the low-fi server unless as
part of the proposal it is shown that this is inappropriate. We aim to
provide whatever hosting requirements a proposal needs. In the case of event
based, process based or temporal proposals we expect part of the proposal to
be about providing online documentation in order to archive the project.

[] Timeline.
Deadline for proposal: 15 June '03
Judging: 1 July '03
Announcement of successful proposals by: 15 July '03
Completion of projects: 15 November '03
Launch: 29 November '03.

[] Contact.
If you have questions regarding the application process then please get in
touch with low-fi
lowfi at low-fi.org.uk

[] Funding.
low-fi commissions are supported by a RALP grant from Southern and South
East Arts Board, UK.