[spectre] call for video letter- World Social Forum 2004

shilpa shilpagupta at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 30 21:54:14 CET 2003

(x-posted from Sarai [Reader-list]; ab)

CALL FOR FILMMAKERS, VIDEO ARTISTS, MEDIA PROFESSIONALS, COMPUTER
BUGS, CAMERA BUFFS....

BE PART OF THE WORLD SOCIAL FORUM... SEND A LETTER TO 100,000 PEOPLE
WHO ARE GATHERING IN MUMBAI,INDIA TO MAKE ANOTHER WORLD POSSIBLE

In the three years since its inception the World Social Forum has
become an international landmark. In an era where corporate
globalisation is presented as an inevitability, where the neo-liberal
notion of development increasingly pervades most governments and
undermines traditional cultures, thousands of activists, artists,
academics, economists, writers, students, farmers, workers and many
others will gather to protest this domination of capital over
humanity, with vitality, wit and vision and to celebrate an
alternative view of democracy and development because ANOTHER WORLD
IS POSSIBLE.

In 2004 the World Social Forum will take place in Mumbai, India from
16th-21st January.

AT THE CONFERENCE GROUNDS A VIDEO TUNNEL OF HALF A KILOMETER WILL
SHOWCASE SCREEN IMAGE WORKS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD. LET ONE OF THEM
BE YOURS ö IT CAN BE A FILM, AN ANIMATION, A CD-ROM OR ANY OTHER
VISUAL FORM YOU IMAGINE!

THEME: Letter to WSF: Another world is possible. Letâs build it.

REGULATION: The duration should be no  more than 3 minutes. It should
be preferably be silent. (Placing sound projects together could be a
problem.)

FORMAT: The works may be created on any format but should come to us
on any of the following formats.  DV, DVD, VHS or VCD (preferably in
PAL)

DEADLINE: Write to us and let us know the scheme of your letter by
the 30th of October.  The videoletter can reach us by 30th of
November.

APOLOGY: We shall not be able to pay for the production cost. But if
you inform us in advance we will provide Fedex service.

CLAIM: We guarantee good screening conditions.

ENQUIRIES: Please write to majlis at vsnl.com

FOR MORE ABOUT WSF, 2004 ö <http://www.wsfindia.org/>www.wsfindia.org