[spectre] Larzish festival of gender and sexual plurality, Bombay

Andreas Broeckmann abroeck at transmediale.de
Wed Sep 3 10:59:39 CEST 2003

Date: 3 Sep 2003 07:28:55 -0000
From: "sayantoni  datta" <sayantoni at rediffmail.com>
Subject: [Reader-list] Send artwork, writing,
	scribbles for larzish festival catalogue!

Dear friends,
As all of you may already be aware of the fact that we (Chatura,
Tejal, Natasha, many other friends and volunteers, Humjinsi, ICHRL)
are organising "LARZISH, INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL OF GENDER AND
SEXUAL PLURALITY" in Bombay from the 17-10th of October, 2003.

These 3 days are going to be packed with 21 hours of films -
documentaries, fiction, experimental etc. & spoken word performances,
panel discussions on gender, sexuality & representation, art
exhibition (photography & prints).

It gives me so much pleasure to be part of this process and we are
constantly looking for ways to extend this into an event and a
process for the entire community to participate in and give shape to.

So, we are making a Festival Catalogue, our own designed, home grown
publication. But we don't want it to be just like any other festival
catalogue which just gives information about the films. We want this
to include:

artworks, drawings, sketches, photographs
short fiction, essays, poetry, fragments, scribbles...
just about anything that you wanted to have out there into the world
in order to have your queer voice heard, here is the chance to do
just that!
So, here is an OPEN CALL:

SEND IT ALL.
DEADLINE: 15TH SEPTEMBER, 2003 (WILL NOT BE EXTENDED)

THEME: QUEER, please intepret with as much variation as possible

DIMENSIONS: writing (Hindi/English) no more than 600 words, send
e-mail, make it a hand written piece, post it...

IMAGES: e-mail them as attachments, put it on a CD and s-mail it
ASAP. Make sure the resolution is high (at least 100dpi at 100%).
send a photo of your artwork, a slide, a xerox, whatever you like but
make it quick.

MENTION: name of artist(writers included), tile of work, year it was
made in? and anything else you want along with this.

DEADLINE: 15TH SEPTEMBER, 2003 (WILL NOT BE EXTENDED)

send all e-mails to ts at vsnl.net
post to: Humjinsi,

C/O India Centre for Human Rights and Law
CVOD Jain High School
4th Floor, 84 Samuel Street (Hazrat Abbas St.)
Dongri, Bombay-9
India

And if you are in Bombay call me to send your stuff, or just ask
questions: tejal 98204 01604
Meet your old school or college friends from
1 Million + database...
Click here to reunite www.batchmates.com/rediff.asp