[spectre] Cesare Battisti or the fate of Ulysses

Aliette Guibert guibertc at criticalsecret.com
Wed Aug 25 15:39:21 CEST 2004

Cesare Battisti or the fate of Ulysses

    Here we are, Friends, going out of our reserve after the expectation. He
would have been able to be removed by secret services for any request ; he
would have been able to commit suicide. Only Here we are, the bottom of this
chap to read his life, it is the spring of the very life.... Long live the
life!

I thus make the bet that he has avoided, knowing that if that was the case -
likely - nobody of you, and especially not the most close to Cesare, could
speak about it any more or less than Oreste Scalzone to respond in the
newspapers.

Moreover, Cesare himself said no word, doubtless, to carry out his
leak by insuring the security of his dear expensive family and friends,
stayed on the spot.

If it is about a leak (as destiny) and not about a kidnapping (as fate)
then, it is all that each having supported him would be able to wish
secretly about this character, knowing his biography... It is the revelation
of a heroic fate, not to that of the murderer but of eternal rebellious, the
one who appoints to the others in front of the slander (here the injustice
and the worn-out word), what is still possible, in spite of the global
absolutist transparency of the current world.

All probably all of us, at some point included that the demand of
extradition deceived the law against the republican pact, specifically about
the
Italians, because on the contrary the Malagasy dignitaries were not been
worried.

The recent extradition of a former activist of " Action directe ", centred
by the Mexican resignation, claimed to give a security of the new French
State
coherence; in fact, it confirmed at the same time the mixture of the
questions and the problems, and suddenly that two weights and two abolishing
measures to apply the symbolic order of the political refuge, had been
possible in the break of the republican indivisibility of three principles
of freedom, equality and brotherhood, represented in each of three separate
powers, respectively caution of politics of the common unit; this break was
committed as a putsch against the republican judicial system in France, and
in the same way imposed this new rule without democratic mandate abroad,
about the French refugees.

Henceforth all this reigned in us, here even, under the influence and the
totalitarian intervention of the other powers, and the lobbies in the power,
as at the worst moments of our French history.

With the Mexican government the French government imitated the pressure of
similarity which Italy had exercised on him. In "the politics of the
hostage", French minister of the justice would thus have been a victim of
the syndrome of Stockholm - what would have the been best of its tendency -
or of the emergent excess of the "collaborators".

The court of " cassation " (third court during the process in progress) in
such a case of resignation of the republican justice was not more than the
anteroom of the European court. Schengen, what a " mess ", because these
agreements relieved by the European court of human rights, which displays
strictly technical objection, have closed emergency exits as respect for the
right of singular premises or communities.

Having considered that Cesare had no chance not to be extradited - having
played it by believing in it, as long as the procedure had not discovered
its manipulations - and considering the expected of the European court
confirming the Italian decisions in appeal of the lawsuit Sofri, what
appointed clearly to the end of the European illusion of the fair exit of
the lawsuit Battisti, we said ourselves, then: " But finally, Cesare, you
who always are escaped to you prison, you are going to be allowed lock in 55
years, this time for your lasting life? "

I had even imagined that he was able to be once murdered imprisoned,
building me all the more real impossibility as a whole life dedicated to the
insubordination, she had run aground virtually in books, did not find this
material resource ultimate, once more, of the most radical and the most
edifying political evasion of all, in its existential very reality, because
no new lawsuit in Italy could take place after the condemnation in absentia
same on the charge without proof, otherwise no credible declarations of
" the penitent " and of " the separate " almost free today, while they were
among them (or connected) in previous accused persons for the same murders.

In the heart of one, we waited for the magnificent possible
insubordination - was it going to be possible? - but we were afraid on the
other hand of a possible kidnapping... (I had thought of the circumstances
of Goldman, I thought of those of Ben Barka).

Liberation - the newspaper - says that he had disappeared for a past week,
that still he would have left France; the photo under the title " arivedeci
" of
Liberation yesterday, where two little girls accompany him in March 3rd as
he was leaving the prison. The one proud beside him and the other one
admiring in front of him, indicate the hope...

To you Cesare, safe journey, you did it for you but also for Sofri and for
all other by the injustice of the power, proving to the citizens
of old Europe that no transparency of the world can abolish the existential
political determination of the rebellious in absolute necessity, nor reduce
the margin of its relative self-determination and freedom to act.

All our wishes accompany you; here you are again left us to exploration, you
the high traveller far from his native soil; anybody doubts that you will
once more know how to innovate your means to live with dignity and pride
wherever you are. We shall take charge with reminding every week the sale of
your books published in France... This copyright will not have died all the
same for everybody, you have children to help while they grow, or then they
will wait that one day, as Ulysses, you can return peacefully in your house.

The amnesty for all will come one day...

Except the imprescriptibly crimes against the humanity, it is necessary to
create sanctuaries against the inspection of the world, and to defend
the singular principles attached to the symbolic traditional right
of the dual hospitality, without compromise.

Moratorium for the foreign political refugees in France and for the French
political refugees abroad!

Without freedom to think, the man is dying not to be able to act.

To us, home-bodies, to continue this fight for the radical hospitality,
against the opening of all the abuses.

Louise Desrenards

( French sources www.bellaciao.org/fr )