[spectre] DRIFT update: Resonant Cities

Chris Byrne chris-lists at mediascot.org
Sun Jun 6 22:03:21 CEST 2004

DRIFT Radio: Resonant Cities
6 - 12 June
The Remembered Journey programme 1
http://www.mediascot.org/drift

DRIFT: Resonant Cities

How we listen and how aware we are of the 'noise' around us is at the
heart of the wealth of works submitted and selected for Resonant
Cities, a series of themed radio programmes curated by Robert H. King.

The programmes are presented in three distinct themes. The third
programme strand is 'The Remembered Journey': sonic postcards of urban
architecture, audio picture books and street music recordings. All are
pure documentation of events and locations: sonic postcards of urban
architecture (Nicholas Economos' 'UnderBrklynBridge, Brooklyn') to
audio picture books (Adrian Newton's ‘Resonant Cambridge’) and Lorenza
Lucchi Basili's street musician recordings in Buenos Aires. All capable
of putting you 'almost there'.

To listen to the stream, visit the DRIFT web site at
http://www.mediascot.org/drift

New Media Scotland
P.O. Box 23434, Edinburgh EH7 5SZ
Tel. +44 131 477 3774