[spectre] Appeal

Igor Marinkovic igorm at drenik.net
Thu Mar 25 09:58:45 CET 2004

Dear Spectators!

I am wondering why the mails I am sending to this list disappearing!?! Who
is the great Censor? Maybe they are in wrong format - I don't know...
My name is Igor Marinkovic and I am an European new media artist. I don't
care who is from which nation or for any nationalist stuff. And now I am
just witnessing this interesting phenomena: great European cultural heritage
is destroying, disappearing in flames forever and nobody cares! I know for
sure that Serbs can't go to Kosovo visiting, even as a tourists, their
churches or monasteries in the nearest future, maybe generations, but it is
a shame for all of as Europeans not to see and discover the beauty of this
our cultural heritage, because some vandals destroyed and destroying at this
moment this great monuments from 14th century.
We are discussing at this list about some very interesting cultural
problems, but at the same time we just don't care, we are blind to this
cultural catastrophe. We al know that those Serbs are running around with
the knifes in their hands and they all have this horns on their heads. OK!
Bloody Serbs deserve worst things... But what about us, Europeans? Do we
deserve this destruction of our Orthodox monasteries, churches, paintings,
books, cultural treasures?
Can somebody explain to me why are we blind and deaf about this? Maybe I am
just a stupid Serb too and this is some stupid propaganda...
Anyway, let us Europeans play with ours great and important artistic
projects. Who cares about cultural heritage from 14th century and stuff like
that!

Cheers!

Igor