[spectre] Open Space - october in istanbul

Andreas Broeckmann abroeck at transmediale.de
Sat Sep 18 16:09:08 CEST 2004

Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 07:21:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: Pelin Tan <peltn at yahoo.com>

Architecture Festival / Istanbul

Date: 4-9 October 2004

Place: Darphane

Curator: Aykut Koksal

www.mimarlikfestivali.org

Open Space (Serbest Alan)

Lab-Place Istanbul - zuhre sozeri & pelin tan

ìOpen Spaceî is a five day workshop that is based on the idea of
ìexpanding subjectivitiesî and ìpaths of knowledge productionî. This
workshop is invited by the Architecture Festival that will held in
Darphane (Old Istanbul- Topkap› Palace) during 4-9 October 2004. The
festival is based on the idea of approaching the young architects and
researchers who are concerned with city, space, and architecture.

The interdisciplinary approach is already diffused in the
architecture environment. The variation of the understanding of the
city and space differ in several practices of production such as art,
architecture, philosophy, literature, design, and urban studies. Our
questions are: How the intervention could exist among those practices
in theoretical and practical experiences?  How the circulation of
knowledge and the paths could be created through interdisciplinary
activities and how could this lead to collective production?  How
subjectivities could expand through collective practices and
production?

In this project; as an architect and sociologist we are decided to
take a role as a ìlinkî that we could expand our subjectivities with
the invited guests and to participants that could lead to an
expanding collective relation and production. The basic themes and
actions of this workshop will be informal architecture and urbanism,
interactive practices, performative approach and collectivities.

Invited Guests: emre erkal (architect, artist, sound+space,
Istanbul), nadi guler (performance artist, body+space, Istanbul),
tugce ulugun tuna (performance artist, body+space, Istanbul),
karl-heinz klop (architect, artist, the way of display, Wien),  aydan
murtezaoglu (artist, Istanbul), banu cennetoglu (artist,
immigration+city, Amsterdam), esra ersen (artists, Istanbul), lorenzo
romito (architect, Stalker, Rome), peter lang (architect, NY-Rome),
arman akdogan (architect, Rotterdam)

  for registration please visit the website

Monday, 4               10.00-15.00

Isimsiz,             Aydan M¸rtezao•lu

16.00-19.00    body: the space that we live in,     Tu•Áe Ulug¸n Tuna

Tuesday, 5                10.00-15.00

sound/space,                                         Emre Erkal

20.00-09.00    citybody                         Nadi G¸ler

Wednesday, 6               10.00-18.00

pictograms & museum                          Karl-Heinz Klopf

20.30-21.30      citybody (presentation)          Nadi G¸ler

Thursday, 7                  10.00-18.00

Dogville (Lars von Trier) : border and identity  Pelin Tan, Z¸hre S–zeri

Friday , 8                      10.00-18.00

on egnetia                                                             Stalker

Stalker (Lorenzo Romito and Peter Lang) and Lab-Place Istanbul
(Tan&Sozeri) will run first workshop of ìon egnataî project that
deals with immigration and recent border politics, cultural
geographies.

18.00-20.00  Documents and visuals materials, presentation of several
projects related to border politics, space/territory, identity,
immigration, city:

Esra Ersen (artist) , Banu Cenneto•lu (artist) , Arman Akdo•an (architect)

Saturday, 9               10.00-18.00

presentations-space-open                                      collective

peltn at yahoo.com
tanp at itu.edu.tr
ITU-Institute of Social Sciences
Architecture Faculty - Taskisla