[spectre] Fw: nettime-l-digest V1 #1484

Aliette Guibert guibertc at criticalsecret.com
Tue Sep 28 21:59:15 CEST 2004

Sorry for my bad English... I try :

(Suite) to second thought of Jaromil on the notion of manifesto, I am
anxious to say that here does not involve exactly a manifesto, but a
biofiction stemming from the autobiography, from the autofiction as a
metafiction of the community of hackers, sample of the hacker representing
all the society, dnd remix of the manifesto thus it is a metapoetic work but
like a conceptual manifesto. It is not an ideology and even less the claim
of an avant-garde.

It is a subversive act to impose one own singular life in simulation of the
whole community, including the hack like an act of which every matter could
depend, an hypothesis and a fiction as reality, but not a truth... so it is
not a revealation of technics.

Tearing away itself from the transparency of its unveiling by the
autofiction which restores enigma, under the emergent shape of the political
Bible challenging the organization since a place of copy to credit autonomy.

And moreover this day, jump that of the hackers founders of nettime,
McKenzie Wark is not exactly captive of a sphere of influence nor a politics
at the end of the communist youths of which he was exactly able to be a
part, and who establishes a part of this autofiction.

For me, A hacker manifesto is at first a book exitentialiste devoting to the
literary creation, cannibal of all which he looks like far from the
avant-gardes, but also of the communist revisionism (in what he is inspired)
and of the corporatism to hacker (where the community could appears under
the araisonnement of the world by the technique).

Mckenzie universe of the hacker in A hacker manifesto looks to me an
English-speaking theoretical equivalence in the hypothesis of the literary
vampire at the French writer Mehdi Belhaj Kacem.

A vilent work criticizes against what it indicates and strong in poetic
allocation of the political and philosophic universe which it exceeds: the
renewal of Marxist-Leninist structure for part, and the corporatism of
hacking according to the araisonnement of /  by (it depends) the technique
(Heidegger).