[spectre] Scan your Skin > Call for proposals > HumanTone > Send us your skin

mandrill brokkoli tilman at onomastik.de
Tue Apr 5 00:42:57 CEST 2005

Scan your Skin. A research project exploring a simple but thorny
subject: our skin.
  We would like to put together a group of people who can contribute to
the project with high-quality creative input.

  Please read below a short description of this initiative. I'd be glad
if you could join us. Please let me know if you'd like to participate
in this adventure with your work and interpretation of the project
theme

  Feel free to distribute this message to other people whom you think
may find it interesting and relevant.
  Thank you for your time and attention.

  Best wishes,
Lionello Borean

SyS > Scan your Skin
Book, web site and offline project

  Call for ideas and proposals

  Our skin is our vulnerable shell. It protects us and characterizes
each one of us as an individual. Besides its physical attributes, our
skin conveys differences between people; it takes on ancestral,
historical, cultural and political implications. As time flows on, it
carves more signs and meanings on our skin.

  SyS wants to explore this territory from different points of view.
Creative personalities will suggest artistic interpretations of the
project message, thus offering their own reading of the human skin.
Photography, graphic arts, the written word; a bold, abstract approach
or a sober and realistic one - each contribution will be a key
component of this multifaceted jigsaw puzzle. The goal is to build a
well-structured picture of human skin as a concept/research object. The
final work will be published in a book and distributed to selected
retailers all over the world.

  Artists, writers, designers and cultural producers: we are calling
you! Send us your work! (Format: 1 to max. 8 pages; approx. size: 17x24
cm./6.70x9.45 in.). It can be anything from a photo or photo
series/sequence, to graphic work, a story, an article or a poem.
As the book will include a DVD, please feel free to send us also
multimedia content (sounds, animations, movies, etc.).
  (deadline: March 31, 2005).  Extended! New deadline: May 31, 2005

  We plan to organize a number of offline happenings and events to
support and promote the book, and to link it to an ad-hoc web site: the
"Scan your Skin" online project is under construction right now (check
it out on www.scan-skin.org, coming soon.)

HumanTone ©
the ScanYourSkin reference book.

  join the project, send us your skin

  We invite everybody to join this project: the purpose is to create a
massive database including as many different skin characteristics as
possible.

  How?
  Send us a sample of your skin as an image JPEG file (please follow the
instructions below): we're preparing "HumanTone", a complete reference
book of human skin tones and hues as an ironic support to the
ScanYourSkin website.

  Please join this part of the project by adding your skin and
distribute this message.

  http://www.scan-skin.org/skin.htm

--
by way of http://notgeileschulmaedchen.com/