[spectre] noted, but the issues?

shu lea cheang shulea at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 20 20:11:30 CEST 2005

who squats who?
http://squat.net/fr/news/paris140904.html

for andreas,
(do i sound like i am anti-institution?)
yes, i am an institution slut.
"we all love institutions" repeat: in-sti-tu-tions (a la AM)

and for

The pattern of importing/presenting high profile artists/events for icc,
(we all have to have one jeffrey shaw!!) is transparent.

meanwhile, I believe a generation of young japanese artists are cultivated,
who finally was presented at icc, but have also taken the lead to
go 'somewhere', not only cycle back to the 'west', but in japan,
setting up mobile units in their own domain/terrain..

What's at issue can not be 'media art is finished' being used by
local politicians everywhere. But recognize the corporate funding era
(ibm, at&t, sun, to name a few) is gone and how the public funding
has to be pulled in for its continuity and next era. Take it
positively, the mobile technology has
allowed the roaming residency possible and now, we face the public.

short for now-
not just sittinground posing

hook line and sinker
take the bite