[spectre] NETMAGE 06 festival - Bologna 26>28 January 06

XING info info at xing.it
Thu Dec 15 17:12:57 CET 2005

Xing presents

NETMAGE 06
creative and innovative images on art, media, communication
  international festival - 6th edition

Bologna, 26th-28th January 2006

>From the 26th to the 28th January 2006, during Arte Fiera, the city
>of Bologna will host the sixth edition of Netmage, an international
>festival aimed to explore media innovation within the context of
>electronic arts.

Netmage 06, focusing on multi-media design, live media acts (sound
and images played live) and cutting-edge styling, will work as a
meeting point for multi-media artists, vjs, musicians, and performers
from Europe, USA, Canada, Australia, Japan, Argentina.

The festival, centered in the old castle of Palazzo Re Enzo, in
Piazza Nettuno, will include an International Live-Media Floor,
installations, performances, environments, a series of events
featuring international guests performing live electronic music along
with an innovative use of images, as well as afternoon workshops and
meetings.

Following its ongoing investigation, Netmage 06 will present some of
the latest trends in live media. Together with research on essential
aspects of perception and the intersection of visual and acoustic
phenomena, the new edition of the festival will introduce a very wide
range of approaches and styles, from hybridization of acoustic and
electro-acoustic to neo-punk and twisted synchretism.

Netmage 06 features:  Carsten Nicolai (D), Kurt Hentschlager
(Granular Synthesis) (A), Andrea Dojmi/Port-Royal (I), Arto
Lindsay/Dominique Gonzalez Foerster (USA/Br/F), Nico Vascellari (I),
Simone Tosca (I), Carola Spadoni/Zu (I),  Cineplexx + aBe (Alex
Beltran, Sebastiàn Litmanovich) (Arg/E), Ministry of Defiance (David
Handford/Matt Densham) (Uk), Katherine Liberovskaya & o.blaat (Keiko
Uenishi) (Can/Usa), Boris Debackere/Brecht Debackere  (NL/B) , Molair
(Laurent Bernonville, Thierry Mbaye)/Avatam (Cédric Alet) (F),
Sinistri++/Andy Simionato and Karen Ann Donnachie (Thisisamagazine)
(I/Australia), ZimmerFrei (I), @C/Lia (P/A) .

Netmage festival was conceived and created by Xing, a cultural
network based in Bologna and Milan operating in Italy and abroad,
with the purpose of planning, supporting and promoting products and
events characterized by an interdisciplinary approach toward the
issues of contemporary culture.

Netmage 06 is supported by: Comune di Bologna, Regione
Emilia-Romagna. In collaboration  with: Circolo Arcigay Il Cassero,
ArteFiera, Viabizzuno, Ambasciata del Regno dei Paesi Bassi,
Ambasciata del Canada. Media partners: Domus, tema celeste, Rolling
Stone, Edizioni Zero, Nero magazine, Blow Up, Città Del Capo - Radio
Metropolitana, Radio Città Fujiko, TK -teknemedia.net, Vetriolo.com,
Digicult.it. Equipment e styling: H-amb, Eurovideo.

Netmage 06
venue:
Palazzo Re Enzo - Piazza Nettuno - Bologna

office:
c/o Raum   Via Ca' Selvatica 4/d   Bologna
tel ++39.051.331099 info at netmage.it
www.netmage.it     www.xing.it

press:
coord  tel ++39.335.5727161  pressoff at xing.it