[spectre] thank you poland from GNU - free software foundation

Andreas Broeckmann abroeck at transmediale.de
Mon Jan 3 16:13:02 CET 2005

GNU Operating System - Free Software Foundation

http://www.fsf.org/

We are placing the "Thank you, Poland!" banner at the top of the main page
to thank the Undersecretary of State at the Polish Ministry of Science and
Technology, Wlodzimierz Marcinski. This is in response to him blocking the
European software patent vote on 21, Dec 2004, making him single-handedly
responsible for keeping Europe software patent-free.

We strongly suggest that all believers of software Freedom send a thank
you letter to Mr. Marcinski in order to show our support and
solidarity. The fastest way to do this is to sign the thank you
letter at the "Thank You, Poland" website, which will be printed out
and given to him. However,
extra impact can be made by sending him a letter via snail-mail.