[spectre] GLOBAL VISIONS - EMAF Highlights on Tour (Modified by Geert Lovink)

Ralf Sausmikat rsausmikat at emaf.de
Wed Jul 20 12:28:43 CEST 2005

OS, 22. July 2005

GLOBAL VISIONS - EMAF Highlights on Tour

The European Media Art Festival, Osnabrueck (EMAF) compiled two
interesting and challenging programmes with new international
Highlights for touring on an international scale, which represent
the multi-layered forms of expression of the contemporary
Media-Art-Scene.

//Public Relations// presents nine works of international artists
who deal with personal, private and public relationships. This can be
self-centered and egocentric like in EGOTRIP and DOUBLE DUMMY, or have
philosophical approaches like DER HERR, CALLING 911 and DER OPTIONIST
or explore sexual phantasies and experiences like in BLUE BOX BLUES,
HANOI or WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR. But of course these relationships and
references are open for individual interpretations.

//Future Is Now !// visualizes individual observations of the so called
"globalized world" - if we believe in what TV and other media repeat
constantly.
But regional and cultural specifics and peculiarities are often
surprising and made visible in CULTURAL QUARTER, MARMALADE and ON A
WEDNESDAY
NIGHT IN TOKYO. But the future we know from SciFi and Orwellian
premonitions yet
became an integral part of our world today. FREON, SOUND OF THE
MICROCLIMATES and
PERPETUAL MOTION... deliver the the positive proof: we have arrived in
the
future already.

The complete descriptions and Fotos you'll find at www.emaf.de //
distribution/Tour.

GLOBAL VISIONS - EMAF Highlights on Tour consists of:

//Program 1 -- Offene Beziehungen - Public Relations
Egotrip - Urs Domingo Gnad - D 2004 - 3:00
Double Dummy - Jennet Thomas - GB 2003 - 6:40
Der Herr - Tobias Dittmann - D 2004 - 10:00
What I'm Looking For - Shelly Silver - USA 2004 - 15:00 NTSC
Blue Box Blues Michael Brynntrup, D 2004, 7:40
Hanoi - Lucia Helenka - GB 2004 - 4:00
Der Optionist - Sylvie Boisseau & Frank Westermeyer - D 2004 - 4:30
Calling 911 - Jan de Bruin - NL 2004 - 8:00
The Paper Wall - Sheila & Nicholas Pye - CDN 2004 - 10:00

//Program 2 --    Zukunft ist jetzt! -  Future Is Now!
Morning News & A Singing Bird - Rainbow Chun - GB 2004 - 3:42
Freon - Mihai Grecu & Thibault Gleize - F 2004 - 7:40
Sound of the Microclimates - Semiconductor - GB 2004 - 10:00
Comment bricoler votre ruine A+B - Patrice Duhamel - CDN 2004 - 19:00
Warning Petroleum Pipeline - Jan van Nuenen - NL 2004 - 4:45
Cultural Quarter - Mike Stubbs - GB 2003 - 10:00
Marmalade - Damijan Kracina & Katarina Toman - SLO 2004 - 4:00
On A Wednesday Night in Tokyo - Jan Verbeek - D 2004 - 5:35
Perpetual Motion in the Land of Milk and Honey - AL + AL - GB 2004 -
6:20

Rental Fees: 160 Euro for one Programme, 300 Euro for both programmes.
Availibility: From 1. August onwards - Reserve your booking/date asap.

Contact:
internationaler experimentalfilm workshop e.V.
Lohstrasse 45a - 49074 Osnabrück
Tel: ++49(0)541-21658
Tel: ++49(0)541-28327
e-mail: rsausmikat at emaf.de