[spectre] New Reviews and events on Furthernoise

marc marc.garrett at furtherfield.org
Wed Jun 15 16:04:21 CEST 2005

New Reviews and events on Furthernoise

New on Furthernoise this month resident Mark Mclaren features the net
label Conv looking into the creative commons future and recent releases
from Kazumichi Grime, Heribert Friedl, Henrik Olsson & Anders Dahl as
well as passing his earlobe over Scanner's new work commissioned by the
EU, Europa 25. The review also features an interview with Scanner about
the making of the piece and his experience of working for the EU. We are
joined again by Keyop' s Andrew Palmer who waxes lyrical, genuflecting
on Foetus's Jim Thurwells recent release Manorexia and Mark Francombe
takes over on net contributions featuring releases from Devico in the US
& Santiago based sound crafters Chiste.

Roland from Poland twins cities from Bristol & Hanover with his
impressions of Bristol's Rob Dean and Hanover experimentalists Medusa
and writer & poet Jerry Jigger opines on Icky Whitenail's obsessional
music poetry in the Ink Blot Sudarium. Alex Young flags up Meri Von
KleinSmid's release Ex Vivo from Mimeograph Recordings while new guest
reviewer David del la Haye takes us through London City Universities
student sonic art compilation Sonicities.

New York's prog jazzers Zs top the list of new music this month with
their EP Karate Bump and we have a fresh new mp3 selection featuring
music and sounds from a host of international artists. We also feature a
streamed mp3 of February's Visitors Studio's multi continental net jam
on Resonance FM featuring Midori Hirano , John Kannenberg & Mark Francombe

http://www.furthernoise.org