[spectre] Deficit! - 5th Festival Spectaculo Contemp. Bologna 1-12 June

XING info info at xing.it
Wed May 4 09:47:22 CEST 2005

[if you are going to the Venice Biennial opening days, why not plan a
detour to the beautiful city of Bologna, just an hour south ...; -ab]

Xing
presents

DEFICIT!
Festival Internazionale sullo Spettacolo Contemporaneo

5th edition
Bologna 1 - 12 june 05

>From the 1st to the 12th june 2005 Xing presents in Bologna the 5th
>edition of the Festival Internazionale sullo Spettacolo
>Contemporaneo, entitled DEFICIT! .

The 2005 edition is a multi-perspective festival on forms of
representation of reality through arts and society.  Over 2 weeks in
various locations, the festival will host shows, performances,
installations, video, cinema, interventions by choreographers, visual
and plastic artists, film-makers who are working on the reinvention
of spectacle and communication.

DEFICIT! is an observing point of cultural phenomena at the end of
the XX century and beginning of XXI, from the desappearing of the
positive subject that leaves space for a new 'idiocy' to other
'inadequate' and deficitarian  attitudes.

DEFICIT! hosts works by: Aernout Mik (NL), Virgilio Sieni (I),
Jennifer Lacey (USA), Nadia Lauro (F) , Rodrigo Garcia (E), Marcel
Broodthaers (B), Martine Pisani (F), Loïc Touzé (F), Kinkaleri (I),
Alexander Petlura + Open (Russia/I), Elia Suleiman (Palestina), Nico
Vascellari (I).
The art gallery neon>campobase curates a visual section, parallel to
the festival.

The 4 previous editions of Festival Internazionale sullo Spettacolo
Contemporaneo were: CORPO SOTTILE (2001),  NON IO (arte in mancanza
di soggetto) (2002), DOING (2003), YOUR PRIVATE SKY (2004). Also a
book has been published:  CORPO SOTTILE (Ubulibri edizioni, 2003)
dedicated to the new choreographic trends in Europe.

The festival is conceived and created by Xing, a cultural network
based in  Bologna and Milan operating in Italy and abroad, with the
purpouse of planning, supporting and promoting products and events
characterized by an interdisciplinary approach toward the issues of
contemporary culture.

Partners: Regione Emilia Romagna, Provincia di Bologna, Comune di
Bologna, Quartiere Navile per Invito in Provincia, Fondazione
Carisbo, AFAA Association Française d'Action Artistique, Ministère
des Affaires Etrangères, Ambasciata di Francia a Roma, Ambasciata dei
Paesi Bassi,  Maison Française de Bologne, Cineteca del comune di
Bologna, neon, Hamb. Media partners: Edizioni Zero, Art'o rivista di
cultura e politica delle arti sceniche, Mouvement, Nero, Città del
Capo - radio metropolitana, Radio Città Fujiko. Network:
Contemporanea 05 le arti della scena - Prato
www.contemporaneafestival.it

Venues:
Ex Bologna Motori, Via Donato Creti 24
Galleria Accursio, Piazza Nettuno
Raum, Via Ca' Selvatica 4/d
neon>campobase Via Francesco Zanardi, 2/5
Cineteca di Bologna - Cinema Lumière 1/2 Via Azzo Gardino 65

Xing infoline:
via Ca' Selvatica 4/d - Bologna Italy  tel ++39.051.331099  info at xing.it
www.xing.it/fisco.html

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Xing
presents

DEFICIT!
Festival Internazionale sullo Spettacolo Contemporaneo

  5th edition
Bologna 1 - 12 june 05

program

wed 1 giu               h 18.00      Galleria Accursio - opening:
Aernout Mik - Middlemen (NL) - italian première - video-installation
                                h 22.00      Ex Bologna Motori -
 Compagnia Virgilio Sieni Danza - Cado (I) -  performance

thu 2 giu                h 19.00  neon>campobase  event
                               h 22.00 Ex Bologna Motori -
Lacey/Lauro/Parkins/Cornell - $ Shot (F/USA) - italian première

fri 3 giu                 h 22.45  Cinema Lumière 2 - Marcel
Broodthaers - Films (B) - introducing  Marie Gilissen , Andrea
Lissoni , Luca Vitone

sat 4 giu               h 22.00 Ex Bologna Motori - Martine Pisani -
Sans (F) - italian première -  performance

tue 7 giu                h 22.00 Raum - Nico Vascellari  - A Great
Circle (I) - italian première - video

wed 8 giu              h 22.00 Ex Bologna Motori - Alexander Petlura
+ Open - Observing the Observers (Russia/I)  - italian première -
performance

thu  9 giu               h 19.00  neon>campobase  event
                                h 22.30  Cinema Lumière 1 - Elia
Suleiman - Intervento Divino (Palestina)- film

fri 10 giu               h 22.00 Ex Bologna Motori - Loïc Touzé -
Morceau (F) - italian première -  performance

sat 11 giu             h 22.00 Ex Bologna Motori - Kinkaleri - pool
(I) - italian première -  performance

+

from  2  to 12 june  h 12.00>h 19.00  Galleria Accursio - Aernout Mik
- Middlemen (NL) -  video- installation

1, 2, 4, 8, 10, 11 june   h 21.00 Ex Bologna Motori Rodrigo Garcia  -
Prefiero Que Me Quite El Sueño Goya A Que Lo Haga Cualquier Hijo De
Puta (E) -  italian première -  video- installation

via Ca' Selvatica 4/d - Bologna  tel  ++39.051.331099   info at xing.it
www.xing.it/fisco.html