[spectre] REMINDER: Call for Proposals - The Art and Politics of Netporn

Bas Van Heur basvanheur at gmx.net
Fri May 6 17:25:58 CEST 2005

Cut.up.magazine (http://www.cut-up.com) invites proposals for a special
issue on the art and politics of netporn.

This issue is produced in cooperation with the Amsterdam-based Institute
Of Networkcultures (http://www.networkcultures.org) and will be published
Two weeks before their two-day conference on The Art and Politics of Netporn
in early October 2005.

A growing number of theoretical and historical porn studies have appeared
over the last decades, yet few have focused on the analysis of netporn as
complex networks. We are therefore particularly interested in proposals that
address activities such as blogging, p2p porn, queer aesthetics and
webcamming, but also those that focus on the political economy of netporn
through a mapping of its industry or an exploration of the relation between
netporn and war.

Proposals are invited for articles of approximately 5000 words. They should
be based on original research and explicitly address the specificity of
netporn within these networks. Since our aim is to publish high-quality
articles that can serve as a basis for further research, each article will
be remunerated with 750 euros, excluding possible extra expenses.

The deadline for receipt of proposals is May 15, 2005 and may be e-mailed to
bas at cut-up.com.

More information:
Bas van Heur
Cut.up.media
PO Box 313
2000 AH Haarlem
The Netherlands

--
+++ Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS +++
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail