[spectre] Re: the media art center of 21C

Eric Kluitenberg epk at xs4all.nl
Thu Sep 8 14:38:45 CEST 2005

Dear Spectrites,

It's great to see how this discussion is evolving around such questions
as do 'we' (still) need institutions?, or what kind of institutions,
big, small, centred, decentralised/ What kind of functions should an
organisation of whatever kind have? one organisation or institution for
each function, or multiple in one institution? or rather a network of
dispersed actors somehow facilitated to work in the media environment
(probably via a funding scheme for artists then I presume?), etc. etc.

However, I am finding it hard to keep track of all arguments, and was
wondering if anybody has an opportunity to do some summarising. I am too
swamped with work at the start of the new season to do it myself - this
would be much appreciated and very useful as otherwise important
arguments might be lost, and at the end of the discussion we could be
left with little more than the memory of the loudest voice, or the last
one.....

warmly,
Eric