[spectre] Call for Work - Abrasions: Architecture and Accident

Wago Kreider wagokreider at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 25 00:47:15 CEST 2006

Call for Entries

Abrasions: Architecture and Accident

Location: San Francisco, CA USA

Contact: Jessica Allee, jessicaallee at studio27.org

Deadline: September 30 2006

Exhibition date: October 20 2006

Studio 27, a microcinema showcasing experimental media in the San Francisco Bay Area, is looking for short videos and films for our next screening, scheduled for late October. This show will focus on work dealing with the architectural landscape and space as re-envisioned through time.

Possible themes might include: topography and the cartography of desire, architecture and the missing, fragments, disposession, and the architectural disaster. We are also interested in work that questions the relationship between buildings and their occupants, such as the role individuals hold in transforming space.

For more information on our ongoing quarterly series visit www.studio27.org

We are requesting work less than 30 minutes in length on playable DVDs (all region), MiniDVs (NTSC), or data DVDs (as a Quicktime movie file, especially for digital animations).

Submission Deadline (received by): September 30, 2006

Include with your submission a brief written description of the work, and a short filmmaker bio. Also include a SASE if you would like your materials returned to you (only U.S. mail will be returned). Please indicate where you saw our call.

Mail to:

Jessica Allee
Studio 27
588 Sutter Street, #11